Have a tuna fish recipe?

Options
hugzeelaroo
hugzeelaroo Posts: 29 Member
Does anyone have a tuna fish recipe that doesn't involve mayo? Not a huge fan of mustard but willing to try. Thanks!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Here is a thread that asks the same exact thing from a little while ago.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10356946/tuna-without-mayo/p1
  • hugzeelaroo
    Options
    Thank you
  • TheTagman
    TheTagman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Open pouch, pour into bowl, EAT! B)
  • paeltzk
    paeltzk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A can of tuna with some fresh lemon juice, a couple tbsp of olive oil, cracked pepper, celery, fresh basil, and onion/bell pepper/other veggies if you crave it. I personally love some capers in it for a unique Mediterranean flavor! Eat in a lettuce wrap, on some flatbread, or just plain. Love it!
  • hugzeelaroo
    Options
    TheTagman wrote: »
    Open pouch, pour into bowl, EAT! B)

Lol, very true!

• hugzeelaroo
    Options
    paeltzk wrote: »
    A can of tuna with some fresh lemon juice, a couple tbsp of olive oil, cracked pepper, celery, fresh basil, and onion/bell pepper/other veggies if you crave it. I personally love some capers in it for a unique Mediterranean flavor! Eat in a lettuce wrap, on some flatbread, or just plain. Love it!

Thank you! Will have to give this a try. Sounds really good!

• BiggestLittlePurdy
    BiggestLittlePurdy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like using Greek yogurt as s mayo replacement.
  • mikayladana
    mikayladana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ONE CUP OF BROWN RICE
    ONE CAN OF TUNA
    SLICED UP AVOCADO
    SPRINKLE LEMON PEPPER ON TOP. YUMMMM!
  • panchob1919
    panchob1919 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tuna cakes.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    paeltzk wrote: »

I make mine this way a lot too!

Another way I make it is 1 large can of tuna (12 oz), 1 can of cannelli beans drained, some diced roasted red pepper, chopped parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and some salt & pepper to taste. Makes a very filling lunch for two days with a handful of crackers or fresh veggies and you don't need to deal with the soggy bread situation.
  • gymfreaknic
    gymfreaknic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For tuna chunks this is the best. Fry onions, peppers and garlic. Add some herbs, lemon, curry powder and chillie. Add your tuna, some tomatoes and add some water. Leave to simmer until a good consistency. Serve in pitta with salad or with brown rice or pasta. Delicious!!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like it was a couple dashes of hot sauce, some black beans, onions, and celery seed.
  • nataliedflores699
    nataliedflores699 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put 1 can of tuna, 1 avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt to taste, smash is all up like guacamole and eat it on 1 slice of toast or with wheat crackers. Suppose it would be good with diced tomato and jalapeño too. I've been doing avocado recipes all week and have lost 6 lbs. good luck!
  • Goingbigger
    Goingbigger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tuna, boiled eggs , seasoning, relish, and mayo on toast.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I take a 4 oz can of albacore chunk white tuna, add about 1-11/2 T Wishbone light Italian dressing and eat on Cracked black pepper Triscuits... YUMMY
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or some type of dressing that you like or maybe an oil and vinegar mixture.

I'm a huge mayo lover so I have to watch how much I put in my tuna, lol.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Yogurt or some type of dressing that you like or maybe an oil and vinegar mixture.

I'm a huge mayo lover so I have to watch how much I put in my tuna, lol.

Hi! I too have always been a big fan of mayonnaise. Unfortunately, my own recipes for tuna salad both involve mayo, one lemon/dill, and the other sweet pickle. I will send them if you would like, but for mayo-less tuna, I prefer to use Tonnino tuna filets. They come in a nice variety - in water, in olive oil, lemon/pepper, jalapeno, and my fav, garlic/caper - and I just open a jar and dump it on a bed of greens, etc.

http://www.tonnino.com/index.php

The other approach I have used is to make my own Paleo mayo. Sublime! There are any number of great recipes and techniques on the web. Super easy...

• des0123
    des0123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to be versatile I always refer to Pinterest and pin some recipe ideas from there
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I just had this for lunch and it was super tasty (I used canned salmon but tuna should work as well):

On one side of a tortilla I spread out the canned salmon. I dumped some Stubb's green chile anytime sauce on top. I added some thinly sliced shallots and cheese. I folded the other side of the tortilla over and put it in the skillet over low heat. I cooked on both sides - until the cheese was melty and the tortilla was lightly browned.