Water intake

Options
What do you reakon is a good amount of water to drink aday to lose weight. Am currently drinking about 3 litres and keeping to a 1200 calories

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Enough to quench your thirst.

Water won't help you lose fat. It can help you flush excess sodium out of your body so you lose extra water weight and give the illusion (through a reduction in body weight) that you lost fat. That said, too much water and all you do is pee all day . . . or worse
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    1,200 a day is tough. That is when I start looking at my cats and thinking of firing up the grill.
    Careful with that, since it can set you up for bingeing. Be aware.
    To get more water (if it helps you), consider a cup of green tea for a change of pace.
    I only drink enough to keep my urine clear (not cloudy). Yellow is ok.
  • katiecollins1986
    katiecollins1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hahah that made me laugh lol. Been doing only 1200 calories for 5 days now and going ok. Get weighed on monday so fingers
    Crossed i have a good weigh in.

Ye ive notice that my urine is totally clear. Inused to just drink pepsi max cherry day in day out and now its just water and my energy level has gone better too since drinking lods a water :-)
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Clear urine can be a sign of overhydration, which is potentially dangerous too. If you find you're forcing yourself to drink water, you're probably overhydrating. Drink when you're thirsty, drink during/after exercise, you should be fine.
  • katiecollins1986
    katiecollins1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok thanx for the advice hun. Will kee that in mind hhn xxx