Day 1.. I hope this site helps

HI. My name is Mary and 1 im 18. I've tried to lose weight but am never successful. Joined this site as a last try.

weigh 212
5'5

goal.. around 170

thanks

Replies

• HI. My name is Mary and 1 im 18. I've tried to lose weight but am never successful. Joined this site as a last try.

weigh 212
    5'5

goal.. around 170

thanks
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Hi mary this website is great...I started this website in aug 2008, and as of this morning I have lost 70 pounds. I have never been so more excited. I love this website. Good luck and we are here for you.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    welcome-1.gif Glad to have you join us Mary:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    HI. My name is Mary and 1 im 18. I've tried to lose weight but am never successful. Joined this site as a last try.

weigh 212
    5'5

goal.. around 170

thanks

Hi Mary, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • I feel like I am doing OK, i eat my 1200 calories a day and i am exercising at least 4 days a week, is it normal for me to only loose 1-2 pounds a week. Is it OK for me to have chips an other snacks from time to time if it is within my 1200 calories? HELP!!!!
  • Hi Mary,
    I am a newby also and have found this site to be great. I joined 1/6/09 and have lost 6 lbs so far.

Hang in there,! know you can do it.
  • Thanks guys I hope i can do it with all this wonderful support!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I feel like I am doing OK, i eat my 1200 calories a day and i am exercising at least 4 days a week, is it normal for me to only loose 1-2 pounds a week. Is it OK for me to have chips an other snacks from time to time if it is within my 1200 calories? HELP!!!!
    sexymotherof3....:drinker: Yes, it's a healthy amount to lose between 1-2 lbs per week depending on the amount you're looking to lose.:flowerforyou:

Sure chips or whatever you chose as snacks/meals are completely your choice as long as you get in some healthy foods of course:laugh: :wink: Everything in moderation:drinker: :wink:

Best to you on your journey:drinker:
    FC:heart:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome to MyfitnessPal's:flowerforyou: