Scared to weigh?!

Options
kasen2012
kasen2012 Posts: 4 Member
I've been using this app religiously along with my running app for weight loss. I can tell in my tummy I've lost, but I am so afraid to get on the scale and maybe be disappointed. Anyone else like me?

Replies

• chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The scale is just a number. I weigh maybe monthly if that. If you stay on a good eating plan and stay below calorie limits, you will lose weight. Mix in some good diet choices and excersice will vastly improve your weight loss.

So don't be afraid of a scale. It's only a tool. Keep pushing and working hard and you will see results.
  • GeekOnADiet
    GeekOnADiet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Agree - the scale is just a tool and the number isn't even that indicative of your health. If you like the way you look and feel who cares what the scale says?

I just use it to let me know when I am messing up with my logging, to catch myself when I need to get hard core with my food weighing, measuring and logging.
  • GNRfan
    GNRfan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I weigh in I have a deep inner fear of possible disappointment too :P That's why I don't weigh myself more than once a month now, especially considering how unreliable they are like the posters above have pointed out! Much nicer to take measurements and see the changes that way :)
  • sophiemaecoates1996
    Options
    Hey i know exctlay what you mean but i got on the scales the other day and had the shock of my life, i weighed far less then i though i would. I find for me its a mental thing becuse of all the fat shaming and lack in confidence i never botherd to weigh in case i saw what i didnt eant. honestly you really will never know unless you try and you may be suprised And never forget that no matter what the results are you are beautiful inside and out x
  • SueBarry1
    SueBarry1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The scale keeps me honest. It is a tool to gauge your progress. Nothing makes me happier than to see the numbers going down. For me its a good motivater