Run your butt off?

Options
I was browsing the net and I found this book. Has anyone read it or tried what's in the book? Maybe there is another book you could reccomend for me? I want to start running again.

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I have ran my butt off, its literally not there :(
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    C25K is an awesome running program. There's loads of people involved with it on here, including myself. Here's some information about it if you've not already heard of it.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    C25K gave me olympic sprinter thighs. Massive & powerful like a Quarter Horse ;)
    took 10 inches off each leg
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I have ran my butt off, its literally not there :(

Haha me too!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I read the book....it's not worth the read. It's basically the things you learn on MFP and C25K. You should download the C25K program onto your phone or other device as a guide. It's done wonders for me.
    Honestly, MFP and C25K have helped me more than Run Your Butt Off.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I hope you find something that gets you going.
    I know for me, I just woke up one day and went for a run, didn't make it far, but it was a start. I walked for a little bit, then ran again.
    The nice thing was I got up the next day and did it again...and again.. and as often as I could.
    Now i'm up to 10.45 miles :) and running my first half marathon sunday!

I think you should do what really works best for you . :)
    here's a good site I like to get running tips from.. www.active.com/running
  • ChristineZenk
    ChristineZenk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started running awhile ago and you will enjoy it as long as you enjoy pushing yourself. I get such a high off it and a feeling of self-worth. I hope you fin what you are looking for and accomplish some running goals. Can't be much help here because I just started running and didn't have anything to follow juspast experience and some talk with a runner buddy.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I didn't buy the book.

I agree with everything everyone says about C25K. I am slow as hell, but I am jogging for 35-40 minutes at a time now! Nevermind a person in a walker could move faster...
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    C25K seems like the way to go, I tried it one time. I was so tired, I said nope! But you know I actually like the challenge it put forth. I am gonna try it again starting tomorrow morning, and I'm not giving in this time!!!