Options
I have started my healthy lifestyle over again. I lost my mother in law in January to cancer and while for her for a year I really let myself go. On February 10 I weighed in at my heaviest, 304 pounds. It was then I decided I have to do something!!! On February 14 my change began. I quit smoking, no more soda, no more fast food, no more fried foods, no more processed food, no more junk food, no more sugary drinks. Saying yes to more fruit more vegetables, drinking only water, sometimes I will fix a cup of green tea with honey, I eat only natural organic foods. Meats are lean and free of antibiotics and hormones. I also joined a gym and go everyday sometimes twice. As of today my current weight is 273. I'm done 31 pounds!!! I am here because I want likeminded friends who will encourage and motivate me and I will do the same in return. Share if stories of battles and triumph will only make us stronger in our journey. Please feel free to add me. All request will be accepted. I look forward to a healthy journey!!!

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You're already doing great! Friend request on the way!!
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great!!! And thanks for the kind words!!! <3
  • whitemagnolia1
    whitemagnolia1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job! I also have just started over again. Weighing in at my heaviest ever. Trying to lose 58 lbs. Ordered nutrisystem this time, and lost 3.8 lbs this first week:) I also try to eat fresh foods & water. I am not only eating organic labelled foods, but I try to choose wisely. I need motivation / support, too.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I sent you a request. I try to eat mainly organic meats. This is just due to the fact it seems that now days meats are injected with so much additives and hormones. It may be all in my mind but what the heck!! :o
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie l like your comment so please add me. I like every friend to have an open food diary for friends as a better understanding.
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a great start! I'm here for the long haul if you'd like some company on the way.