Female over 50 needs to lose 40 lbs

Options
I can't seem to get motivated or keep motivated to lose! HELP!!! Tired of failing!!!!!

Replies

• frugalshrimp
    frugalshrimp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what's going on? You can do it!
  • rtipsword46
    rtipsword46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am well over 50, actually knocking on the door of 70. I really need to lose about 40 lbs too. I started on my diet on Jan 24th and set it to lose 1lb a week . I am now at week 12 and have lost 11lbs. It was very hard to begin with as I was weighing several times a week and was in tears several times when I had gained back 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. I did not weigh again for over two weeks but stuck with the diet. I am well into it now, I am no longer starving and seem to be losing consistently. It is very slow but going in the right direction. I like using this app because it keeps me honest and I weigh or measure everything. I will admit I am fooling the system a little because I am supposed to be able to have 1250 calories a day and mostly I am now keeping it to about 900 per day. The app does not like you to log less than1000 and so I just round up with some quick calories. I am not recommending you do this but as I was already eating a very healthy diet and it was just not shifting the lbs. I am a vegetarian, and do not like sweets and so I don't think I was going much above the 1250 calories even before the diet.
    I know it is hard when other people seem to be able to lose 5 lbs just by cutting out the evening dish of ice cream but there are others like us and you can do it if you can look to the long term. I set my first goal to lose 10lbs and now I have reached that goal I am working to lose the next ten by the time I go on vacation in mid-june. I hope to have lost the full 40 by the end of the year.
    Good Luck and don't lose your resolve.
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    While you're waiting for inspiration, try this. As part of your daily food, include one apple, a slice of bread and a little butter and about 10 grams of full fat cheese. The apple will fill you and the cheese will make you feel more satisfied. Think of this as like a dieting pill. Meanwhile make small changes to your food intake - changes you can live with e.g. a smaller amount of peanut butter or jam instead of a larger one. Weigh yourself after 4 days. You may find you have lost some weight. Then make more small changes while swapping the apple for a carrot. I suspect that small changes have better long term results than the big changes which cause your body to rebel and regain the weight. Be kind and encouraging to yourself and coax yourself gently towards better health. It feels so good as it gradually starts happening.
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nancy. I just re-joined today after many years and many pounds. I'm 57 and have a lot of weight to lose. Could use some friends for motivation too!