Wellbutrin and weightloss

So I have a 13 week old newborn and been quite depressed and have anxiety. Doc put me on Wellbutrin, I have heard that it helps with weight loss. Has anyone had the same or opposite experience?

Replies

• Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    I've been on it in the past and yes it has helped me with the food cravings and wanting to eat less for sure.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Been on it for years and its helped me quit smoking. No weight loss though. (But I haven't gained weight either)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    In higher doses it has been used for weight loss in obese patients. I used to screw with my dosage, and triple the amount in order to get the effect...yeah, that wasn't the brightest thing to do.

It can help curb a bit of appetite, but I've noticed it isn't enough to make much of a difference.
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Becareful with your Wellbutrin. I used to work for a psychiatrist and a lot of the patients would request Wellbutrin to help lose weight that a lot of the other drugs had helped put on. I know a lot of the higher doses help take the weight off, but trust what your doc is giving you is the right amount for what the drug is really supposed to be treating: your depression. This drug can have some scary side effects if not taken properly.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    taken in high doses can cause seizures