HOW TO STAY WITH MY PROGRAM WHEN I COME HOME AFTER WORK.

Options
I HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE STOPPING MYSELF FROM BAD SNACKING AFTER WORK.
DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS.

I AM A NEWBIE

JOANNE 1234

Replies

• hannahjoanne2011
    Options
    stock up on easy to reach fruit and veg and try not to buy unhealthy snacks :)
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I suffer from the same thing. My solution is to only buy low calorie snacks.
    If I pig out on low fat Activia yoghurts (70 calories each) and mini meringues (19 calories each) I don't consume too many extra calories! :o)
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've tried having a snack between lunch and the time I go home ( between 2-4pm) and that usually lets me delay dinner a while. My other strategy is to just eat dinner immediately when I get home. Some people prefer to workout right after work. I can do that with swimming but I don't like going to the gym at that time.

I've pretty much accepted that lunch is going to be the biggest meal for me most days and I have tried to stick to simple smaller dinner portions or leftovers from a big lunch.

I also don't buy a lot of the things that are high calorie and low satisfaction like chips, cookies, cake, pie, and ice cream (has a lot of air in it so you end up eating a lot). My treats are typically popsicles or fresh fruit because they tend to be more satisfying and even most of the sweeter fresh fruit like peaches only have 60 or calories. You can eat 500 calories of chips or cookies so easily. It is hard to eat that much fresh fruit.
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is a very common problem, and I suffer from it big time, particularly if I am tired or stressed. Agree about stocking up on fruit & veg (stuff you like, and I find crunchy is more satisfying for this urge). I also have lots of sugar free gum - fruity flavours work with me and help with the urges/ pass the time while dinner is being made.

Good Luck!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    what i try to do is keep your mind engaged to any mental activity thats not food related busy busy busy mind no room for food thoughts