Why am I gaining weight?

Options
Despite having gone on a 59 min walk yesterday and having burnt 340 cal when I weighed myself on 17/04/16 I've gained 200 gr. However at this point I was expecting to be at least under 100.6 kg. Any ideas why this might've happened?

I also have to note that I've been counting calories for 8 days now and using 1 sachet of Stevia instead of sugar in tea & coffee.

Any type of help regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You gained 1/2 lb since yesterday? Sounds like normal weight fluctuation to me.
  • standout00
    standout00 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've gained 200 gr since yesterday. Thanks for reassuring me! Now I feel better knowing that that's the normal weight fluctuation.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    oh weight can fluctuate between 1 and 5 lbs for some even more. I wouldnt worry about it though.its normal for weight to fluctuate.not to mention 8 days isnt long enough usually to see any significant weight loss. it takes time to lose. you didnt gain it overnight so you wont lose it overnight
  • standout00
    Options
    Thanks. That makes sense!
  • bimsboms
    bimsboms Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its simple as CICO (calories in calories out), if you makes the calories goes down surely you will lose a weight. Otherwise vice versa. You've consider muscle weight too, try use mirror than scale. It helps a lot, add me for motivated pal
  • amynicole4104
    amynicole4104 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Although I way myself daily I don't really pay attention to the day to day weights. I log all the weights on a weight tracker app and go by the averages and the trend. My weight can fluctuate by a few pounds a day. Sometimes I go a few weeks without losing and even gain a pound or two. Then I suddenly drop several pounds over a few days.
    Just pay attention to the trend!
    Good luck and don't get discouraged!!
    BTW everytime I start a new exercise, I gain just a little weight.
  • standout00
    Options
    Thanks for your reassurance! I really appreciate it.
  • standout00
    Options
    Thanks for your reassurance! I really appreciate it!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My weight can fluctuate by 3-5 lbs so don't stress was did than done I know, but if that's your photo its probably muscle and or water gain.
  • standout00
    Options
    Ok. By the way that's just a photo of a fit woman that I found online. That's not my real photo.
  • standout00
    Options
    In real life I look different to the photo.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Stick to weekly weigh ins. Getting a higher weight after 2 or 3 days can mess with your confidence. And don't have a cheat meal the day before a weigh in cause it can increase your weight drastically
  • standout00
    Options
    Ok. What's a cheat meal?
  • I_amnr
    Options
    when you eat what you want ..

I sometimes have a cheat day but I have decided to only have a big cheat meal one a week now.. maybe a large pizza or take away
  • I_amnr
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ill give you an example ..
    I was 113.6 kg and worked out for 2 weeks and was 115.4 kg on my weight in but I had eaten like a pig the night before, 5 days later I was 111.6 kg .. my waist went down from 118 cm to 116 then to 115 in the same time.. so I was technically still losing fat
  • I_amnr
    Options
    and importantly measure your waist