Really need some friends!

Options
Hi,

I'm sort of new to this - I downloaded the app. last year, with all of the greatest intentions of getting healthy, losing the weight once and for all... blah blah...

however, I am a world class procrastinator, so it all got put off.

I've been eating healthy for the last two weeks, weighing, counting, writing it all down, and using the wii fit for 30 mins per day, plus lots of walking.

This has not been easy, as I said I am a world class procrastinator, I was really lazy, and ate whatever I wanted, except any meats as I am a very strict vegetarian.

Anyhow I'm rambling.

I lost 5lb on the first week, drinking tons of water, keeping my calorie intake for the day below 1300, and I felt great. However, this week I've lost nothing. Infact I've put on 2lb!

I have no friends who are dieting so would anyone please add me and help me?

I'm seriously thinking of quitting. Call me a baby, but all that hard work, for nothing?!!

Okay, ramble over!!

Please feel free to add me as a friend, or message me on here. I'm keen on making friends, for mutual support, and hopefully some great friends!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I will support you!

You have to decide, do I want to live a healthy lifestyle or no? It's a decision. I see this lifestyle as one decision to the next, trying my best to make the healthier choice in every meal!!

You can't give up when things are tough because to be honest, this is tough journey and you're going to have down days. However it's how you push forward through those tough times...you get what I'm saying? You're going to have people that aren't eating healthy, you're going to have temptations, you're going to have to pump yourself up just to workout a little bit a day...but it's ALL worth it girl!!! Trust me!!:)

Anywho, feel free if you want lots of support!
  • hannahjoanne2011
    Options
    the reason y u hav gained 2lb is because ur fat turns into muscle the more u exercise and muscle weighs heavier than fat... i just started this site monday just gone and i myself hav also lost 5lbs so far but dnt quit now sum wks u weight my not shift but in the long run it will eventually go down if u just concerntrate on losing fat then building muscle u will lose it but do keep at it ul feel better bout it and feel free to add me if u want sum moral support :)
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    Welcome!!

Thanks! :)
  • arvolene
    arvolene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend. I started this program yesterday. I think it is great because it is free and kinda fun ( at least for now) filling it out. I did weight watchers for awhile and it was expensive and I wasnt using it all the time so I quit. i need to loose weight because I would feel better and be healthier if I lost the weight and excersized ( dirty word), not to say I would look better. Lets keep in touch and share our victory and our failure together and before long, the victories will be more and the failures less. Toghether we shall overcome.! Keep up the good work and dont be discouraged!
  • pinkhamsc
    pinkhamsc Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome, there is encouragement out there, Friend me if you Like. My Daugther Vickie started me and my Wife on this. I only have one outside friend so far
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    I will support you!

You have to decide, do I want to live a healthy lifestyle or no? It's a decision. I see this lifestyle as one decision to the next, trying my best to make the healthier choice in every meal!!

You can't give up when things are tough because to be honest, this is tough journey and you're going to have down days. However it's how you push forward through those tough times...you get what I'm saying? You're going to have people that aren't eating healthy, you're going to have temptations, you're going to have to pump yourself up just to workout a little bit a day...but it's ALL worth it girl!!! Trust me!!:)

Anywho, feel free if you want lots of support!

Hi,

thanks for your message.

Yeah, that is the way I see it all.

I don't believe in diets, as they're usually a temporary thing. I'm telling myself, and others this is a healthy lifestyle. I want to be fit and healthy, looking good would be a bonus too, but mostly, its for my two daughters. I don't want to be a bad role model for my daughters, and worse, I don't want to be ill, or die too soon.

I've been telling myself, rubbish in - rubbish out, even though I was so disappointed, I never said I'd stop the healthy eating.

My gp has been useless, she told me Thursday that I'd be safe on a 500 or 700 calorie a day intake, surely that isn't right? I'm new to this but it just doesn't seem safe.

Anyhoo, thanks so much. Your post made me smile. I just need the encouragement, and I'm more than happy to return it :)
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Dont give up!!! it will be worth it in the end.. add me as a friend, i have been on the site for a while, but struggle sometimes, would like a friend to encourage and who will encourage me
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I started this program last week, and I love it! It's going to be hard at first to lose the weight, but don't give up. Your hard work will pay off before you know it.
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    the reason y u hav gained 2lb is because ur fat turns into muscle the more u exercise and muscle weighs heavier than fat... i just started this site monday just gone and i myself hav also lost 5lbs so far but dnt quit now sum wks u weight my not shift but in the long run it will eventually go down if u just concerntrate on losing fat then building muscle u will lose it but do keep at it ul feel better bout it and feel free to add me if u want sum moral support :)

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Yeah after I stopped feeling sorry for myself (lol) I said to myself, "doesn't muscle weigh more than fat"?!

I used to get a taxi or bus everywhere, so maybe thats what it is. I've not had this much exercise in years!
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    Dont give up!!! it will be worth it in the end.. add me as a friend, i have been on the site for a while, but struggle sometimes, would like a friend to encourage and who will encourage me

Hi,

thanks - I will send you a request now :)
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    You can add me! I started this program last week, and I love it! It's going to be hard at first to lose the weight, but don't give up. Your hard work will pay off before you know it.

Hi,

thanks a lot. I will send you a request now :)
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You have a friend here!!! Welcome.
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    I will be your friend. I started this program yesterday. I think it is great because it is free and kinda fun ( at least for now) filling it out. I did weight watchers for awhile and it was expensive and I wasnt using it all the time so I quit. i need to loose weight because I would feel better and be healthier if I lost the weight and excersized ( dirty word), not to say I would look better. Lets keep in touch and share our victory and our failure together and before long, the victories will be more and the failures less. Toghether we shall overcome.! Keep up the good work and dont be discouraged!

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Yeah the free app is awesome, and the database is a great help,

I was told to go to WW by my gp, but I just cannot afford it. Plus, from info I gathered online, using their points system I'd be eating more than I do normally, unless I did it wrong lol. I will add you now :)
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'll be your friend, you can't have too many of them!
    We all have our discouraging days..
    we all have our high days..
    Use this as a tool..
    that's why we ALL are here..
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    Welcome, there is encouragement out there, Friend me if you Like. My Daugther Vickie started me and my Wife on this. I only have one outside friend so far

Hi,

thanks I will add you now!
  • kinemortophobia
    Options
    Hey there, I'll be your friend, you can't have too many of them!
    We all have our discouraging days..
    we all have our high days..
    Use this as a tool..
    that's why we ALL are here..

Hi,

thanks I will send you a request :)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request.

Don't give up!

I have found this site to be very motivational. Lots of people struggling and lots of people sharing.

Set yourself a target and then do what you need to meet your target.

Good luck!
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of wanting to quit. I find it even harder when my boyfriend who is as skinny as a matchstick eats and eats in front of me (crisps, cakes and other junk especially). It makes me just want to slap him and then take whatever he is eating.

Add me if you like, always good to have someone to share experiences with :D
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Plenty of encouragement & support here! please feel free to friend me also ;)