How can I motivate my gf to lose weight and tone up?

Options
2»

Replies

• Theresa_1973
    Theresa_1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Motivation only gets the journey started, habit keeps it going... If and when your girlfriend decides she wants to do something about her weight, she will do it - it took me 39 years to get to where I am today, that is 164lb lighter than I was on 15th of November 2012, which is the day I chose to lose weight.

Support her and one day she might decide to do something - plus just because you think she's getting too heavy, doesn't mean that it's the truth... Opinions are not fact my friend xXx
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    walk
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    She'd loose what 200 lbs if she got u off her back.
  • kcerrillo
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    OP, this thread would go much better for you here if you were the wife trying to get her husband to improve his health.

Nope I think that's messed up too.
  • kcerrillo
    Options
    kcerrillo wrote: »
    OP, this thread would go much better for you here if you were the wife trying to get her husband to improve his health.

• Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    MYOB.
    Let your girlfriend think for herself.
    If you really find her to be in the wrong health-wise/diet-wise AND it disturbs you, move on.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ... If her weight is such an issue, maybe it is time you two sit down and have a serious talk? I didn't read the other thread(s?), but pretty much, talk to her. Don't sit and insult her, talk to her about how you feel.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't feed the troll, ya'll XD XD XD
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    kcerrillo wrote: »

It would still, on average, go better.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    She isn't really fat (yet), but she has gained some weight and lost all her muscle tone during winter due to laziness. First time in life she has belly now. She complains about it almost constantly but doesn't do anything to fix it. No diet, no exercise.How to get from words to action?

You can't. End of.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I bet she is unhappy if she wasn't she'd look after herself the way she used to , she knows how you feel without you saying and maybe she is unhappy as your not the guy she meet.
    Take it from a women you've got to keep trying to keep her like you did when you first meet her

Don't have children will you watching someone gain 20lb + or worse I'm sure will
    Make you run

• Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tell her you think she's fat and lazy. I'm assuming you don't want to have sex again, right?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Surprise her with a nice two week holiday abroad all expenses paid. She will spring into action