Calorie Counting

Options
Ok so I'm kinder getting fed up with constantly counting calories & weighing up near enough everything I eat, no it's not making me want to stop eating healthy, I'm just finding it stressful and I feel like I'm becoming OBSESSED with it! Every time I start eating healthy and try to lose weight it's like I get completely obsessed with it and I suppose it's not a bad thing BUT it's all I think about it and it starts to stress me out because it literally is all I'm thinking about and it just becomes too much! Any helpful advice would be great please! :(

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Well, for me, I preplan my meals and prelog the night before. I just weigh out and eat the portions I already chose.

I guess at first I was thinking about it all the time, but as time goes on, focus wanes. That's why I worked on building habits. Now, nine months in, I spend a lot less time thinking about weight loss or calorie counting in general.
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That could be a good idea! & Yeah I have started meal prepping some meals! I suppose it's just started really irritating me for some reason lol, thanks!
  • rebelriesling_
    rebelriesling_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I second the meal planning. I normally weigh out all my fruit and meats and label how many grams are in each serving that way it's done for the week. If I am having any grains, for example, I'll weigh it out the night before so it's really only my breakfast I'm weighing every single day.
    I tend to be really obsessive over numbers, including my TDEE and calorie intake, so once every few weeks I'll go out for dinner or desert and not log it (though I'll log everything else that day) to free myself of the effort & obsession. Having a "cheat" from time to time keeps things sustainable as well and I've found I've been a lot less likely to binge.
  • tattoosweightsandketo
    Options
    I try to keep my meals very simple. nothing fancy, this makes it quicker for me when i have to log... i also tend to eat the same meals, that way i can save them in MFP and that makes it easier and saves time when logging them in.
  • sachasalviax
    Options
    Thanks so much guys, feeling a lot better haha and gonna start planning some meals! & Yes saving meals on here make it so much easier! :#
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I don't know. It doesn't bother me, but my meals are pretty simple like someone else already said.

Seeing as how it's the only way I've been able to be successful I'm fairly willing to just suck it up and do it.
  • maryannedipompeo
    maryannedipompeo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear yeah when you say it is hard to stay motivated. I am getting so frustrated. .I have been under calories over in exercise output and still not loosing. I had lost 5 lbs within the first 2 months and nothing now for 3 weeks...suggestions?
  • sachasalviax
    Options
    I'm feeling a little better about it today haha gonna start planning meals out I think!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    How about batch cooking several days worth of food at once and pre-portioning it? Then you can skip the weigh and measure in between days.

I'll cook a week's worth of chicken and beef in one day, and portion it out in meals with veggies and fats (I follow a low-carb plan). I freeze those and just grab a tray for work lunch, toss one in the microwave for dinner, etc. I have the various meals planned into MFP so logging is quick. I'll plan on a "fresh" meal a couple dinners a week (i.e. Steak or seafood, etc) for variety. Easier to stay on track, too, since I don't have to worry about what to cook for myself during the week.

• madisonharvell703
    madisonharvell703 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm the same way! It's like the scale controls me, so I understand how you feel.