5' 6" females!!!

Options
So, I'm currently 5'6" and 150 pounds. My original goal weight was/is 145 but I'm wondering what I would look like at 135....anybody have a picture of 5'6" 135 that they'd share? I'm curious to see what others my height look like at that weight. I haven't weight that since college and I hadn't had 3 kids at that time...haha, just curious if anyone would share pics!!! thanks! =)

PS - I "carry" my weight very well....it's odd actually...one time in HS I weighed 125 and I literally looked like skin and bones, it was gross....maybe that's why I'm curious?

Replies

• crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Bump
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Check out this website! You can put in a lot of different body specifics. (:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    Can't upload a pic as posting from my phone, but i'm 5ft 6 and 138lbs and i'm certainly not scrawny! I'm aiming for about 125-128 but I have a weird body shape, big hips, no boobs... I really do think that body shape has to be taken into account when setting a goal weight! I'd say get to 145 and see how happy you are with that, then take babysteps downover if you want to lose more.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Check out this website! You can put in a lot of different body specifics. (:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

THIS! I forgot what the name of it was!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I was 135 in high school and I'm pretty curvy. I loved how I looked and that was my original goal until I learned I could look like 135 at 150 and just have more muscle.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I don't have pics but I'm 5'6" and weighed 135 a couple years ago, I liked that weight but I gradually shifted up to 140 and stayed there for a while (till I got to where I am now..lol). I carry my weight very evenly also so when my weight is up a little it really isn't too noticable. My current goal right now is to get back to 140. I've been doing a lot of strength/cardio so my new muscle tone will probably make a difference too. I also think it might depend on your age :)
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It all just depends on your body! I'm 5'5", so a tad shorter than you, and the doctor said that my goal weight should be around 150-155 after accounting for lots of factors like frame size and others that I do not remember (sorry, that's not very helpful)!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I am 5'5.25 and when I was 135 I wore a size 5/6 and I was told I was to thin.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I just looked at your pics, you look very small right now. I don't think you should try for 135. ?You look awesome!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Sorry no pictures. I am 5'6" tall. After I had my son I lost my pregnancy weight and a litttle more. I got down to 137. All the Dad's were giving me compliments. However I have a small frame, small feet and hands, wrists etc. I am not very busty either. Hope that helps.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    I must be built just like you....haha, I am in an 8, sometimes a 10 and I'm at 150....pretty sure if I weighed 135, i'd be in a 5/6...my upper body is small (no boobs, bony shoulder bones, etc, you can see my RIBS on my chest area already) but I just get annoyed with my butt area...oh well, thanks for the input!! =)

sorry, this for GaveUp, just did it wrong....
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    I am 5'5.25 and when I was 135 I wore a size 5/6 and I was told I was to thin.

I must be built just like you....haha, I am in an 8, sometimes a 10 and I'm at 150....pretty sure if I weighed 135, i'd be in a 5/6...my upper body is small (no boobs, bony shoulder bones, etc, you can see my RIBS on my chest area already) but I just get annoyed with my butt area...oh well, thanks for the input!! =)
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I can't upload right now as I am on my phone.

But I am 5'6" and 136 right now. I was down to 130 this winter and working on getting back there. I will post some later.

I am like stripedsocks, I have wide hips and a small chest but pretty evenly distributed. I wear size eight in dress pants and ten in jeans.
  • RosannaElizabethL
    RosannaElizabethL Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a concern - I am between 5'6" and 7", or 169cm. Should I consider myself 6" or 7"?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and I actually have a similar body type to you, from what it sounds like. The lowest I've been was about 130, and I was looking pretty small. I was also losing strength, because I've always been more athletic, and I was definitely too skinny for my body type at that weight. (Heck, even at my highest of 176 after my daughter was born, I carried my weight well enough that most people thought I was about the weight I am now, which is nearly 30lbs down.)

I've found my ideal is between 135 and 140, because at that weight, I look healthy and lean, but not too lean. Weight for me has always just been an arbitrary number, because it never reflects well on my actual fitness or how I look.

I don't have one from when I was around 130, but in this one I was just over 140, and really liked how I looked. I was wearing about a size 4 or 6 in pants at the time (I think the ones I'm wearing in the photo were a 4), and a medium or small top, depending on the brands. The picture doesn't really show the rest of me all that well, but I guess you can get the idea.

Me_renee-2.jpg
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and currently at about 130 lbs. You can check out my pictures on my profile if you like. My ideal weight is generally between 125 and 135, if I drop below 125 I start to look skeletal, even at 130 my ribs, hip bones and collarbones are very very prominent.
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    Sure, this is me at 5'6" and 135 about a month ago. I'm on the far right.

5795570568_0995e53411.jpg
    Audrey Gang at Cahokia. by Michalita, on Flickr

I hope that works! I've never posted any pics here before.

I now weigh about 131, but look about the same. Goal is 130.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    i was 135 in HS (I think I was 5'5" though) and I thought I was fat, HA!

After college I was 145 and although that isn't like, SKINNY, I looked cute and felt pretty good about my body - I accepted the extra soft places on my middle and thighs and guys thought I looked good.

Right now I'd be thrilled to get back to 145 but judging from the way I looked at 135 and 145 I think I could go down to 125 and be good. Any lower would be really thin though.
  • dulcy
    dulcy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and loved being 135lbs although right now I'd settle for 140lbs!! And will probably stick between 135 & 140 as I found 135 really hard to maintain (but I loved how it looked & how I felt) added a pic to my profile as have no clue how to post it here!
    It's the one of me in the black dress. That's when I felt at my best, ever. It was about 2 1/2 years ago.