Is this true ?

Options
What if I were to set my goal to lose 1 pound and then did this for 7 days and then the next weekend went on maintenance and then set myself to lose one pound for another 7 days . Would I be able to lose two pounds and have an entire weekend of maintenance ?

Replies

• helenrosec1
    helenrosec1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In theory I don't see why not, as long as you don't eat more than you burn at the weekend so you don't put any weight on.
  • felicia__nicole
    felicia__nicole Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't see why not. It would just increase the time it would take you to lose the 2 pounds (16 days instead of 14).
  • chelseyperry735
    chelseyperry735 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! I was just wondering if there were any downsides to doing this other than an extra two days to lose 2 pounds
  • Gilred
    Gilred Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One caveat. Make sure to eat the same equivalent amounts of carbohydrates. If your 'lose a pound' menu cuts carbohydrates, you'll lose and gain fluid and may feel somewhat stymied. Carbs retain fluid in the muscle. However, you will be reducing fat. That's the real goal.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    In principle ..yes

In reality ...probably not as well as you hope because 1) weight loss isn't linear and 2) water weight may well screw with your head

Now if you did this for 2 -3 months and looked back to get an average weekly loss it would probably even out to just under a lb a week

I certainly always ate more at the weekend as I saved calories for it...and there is no issue with managing your defecit over a week rather than daily
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    In principle ..yes

In reality ...probably not as well as you hope because 1) weight loss isn't linear and 2) water weight may well screw with your head

Now if you did this for 2 -3 months and looked back to get an average weekly loss it would probably even out to just under a lb a week

I certainly always ate more at the weekend as I saved calories for it...and there is no issue with managing your defecit over a week rather than daily

This. It's not necessarily a bad plan but you just need to keep in mind that 1 lb per week means 1 lb per averaged over the long term and not 1 lb each and every week.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    it's not that easy....various factors can screw with your mind. (muscle build up, water intake etc) my advice is not to rush it and expect too much.... it will go slow, it will take time and sometimes you loose and sometimes you gain. good luck
  • chelseyperry735
    chelseyperry735 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you everyone , I ate to lose one pound for about 9 days and then this weekend I went almost to maintenance for Saturday and Sunday I'll go back to loose 1 pound on Monday and then Saturday morning check my weight