Where your calories come from

Options
Does it necessarily matter where your calories come from? Or do I just have to make sure I don't go above the amount of calories I need to lose 2lb a week?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Though if all your calories come from doughnuts, you will reach your calorie limit without reaching your nutritional requirements or satisfying your hunger.
  • bnjchandler
    bnjchandler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    In terms of weight loss it doesn't matter.

I eat all the foods that I like, which includes a wide variety of things, pay attention to portion sizes (food scale), and I stay within my calorie parameters. I eat everything from fast food several times a week, to veggies every day. I've lost around 50lbs, improved my health including stabilizing high glucose numbers into the 80s, and I've now been in maintenance for 3 years. Weight loss doesn't have to be complicated or painful-keep things simple and focus on doing things that are sustainable long term :)
  • meaganseafit
    meaganseafit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Technically, it does not matter where your calories come from if your sole goal is weightloss. But, to actually keep your energy up, and feel good and maintain your health - it's probably best to eat mostly whole foods. I'm all for throwing in some poptarts and donuts though! You will feel better if you cut out a good portion of the sugar you're eating and try to keep saturated fats to a minimum. :) But don't forget to live life and eat some yummy stuff along the way!