Getting fit before 30!!!

Options
nonevildoerz
nonevildoerz Posts: 15 Member
May be bit of a stretch, only got 4 months left :smile:
30 lbs down in 3 months. Intermittent fasting,weight lifting.

Replies

• megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was pretty fit until about 2 years before 30. Hahaha, now trying to go back.
  • nonevildoerz
    Options
    Yeah, I was pretty fit and active before I had car wreck. I did the fat to fit to fat trying fit again life... 30 and up needs to be healthy and active
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I lived in Colorado up until 2009. So before that I didn't even own a car most the time. I walked everywhere, to two jobs, hiked, and biked a lot. Then I moved to Colorado and lost interest biking and walking because back roads just weren't interesting. I had to get a car and drive everywhere too because nothing was in walking distance. And it just gets so hot during summer you have to be careful. So I started gaining weight. Then went down. Then back up. Then 3 years ago I had to lose my gallbladder and found out I had other stomach issues. So I couldn't eat very well for almost a year and lost a lot of weight. Finally two years ago I met my fiance. He started making me eat more because he loved food and it made him sad to take me out to eat. So I kind of started to move past feeling sick after a few bites of food and eating more. So then it just became our thing. We loved going out and trying new foods. I started learning to bake and cook special stuff for him. Next thing you know we both had gained 50ish lbs. Now I am trying to lose it. Mostly just getting back to a strict diet for my tummy issues. But it is really making him sad. He misses all the yummy stuff and sometimes my healthy alternatives just don't make him as happy.

But I keep telling him to be good and on our honeymoon, a cruise, he can eat till his heart is content.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    May be bit of a stretch, only got 4 months left :smile:
    30 lbs down in 3 months. Intermittent fasting,weight lifting.

The basic answer is yes you can. No one should tell you different.

My caveat is, those changes are not sustainable for all but select few and for the long term you will probably need to find the balance between enjoying and living life, and doing the healthy things to support that. I did the "I am past 40" midlife crisis thing and dropped 30 pounds in about three months, but since have gained a bit back. However, I am happy not to feel like I am constantly working my butt off and giving up everything to fit a picture that really isn't who I am. I can eat well sometimes, fall off the wagon at times, but the majority of the time I moderate my eating and exercise, which all balances out.

I still get discouraged and get on myself at times when I REALLY let things go, but I know I can get back on it and get back in the flow.

All the best.
  • nonevildoerz
    Options
    I find that since doing intermittent fasting life has been a lot easier,I feel great and I keep my mind of eating for the sure sake of tasting something i like. I am choosing the eat to live life . plus hitting the weights is making me look good too. What i'm doing is literally just skipping breakfast eating at 230pm and no more eating after 6pm. that alone has lowered my caloric intake and allow me to lose weight. i lost 30 lbs in 3 months due to that and working out everyday. i have no long term goal of going hard every day :wink: want to be healthy to improve life for me my wife and son .
  • gisellebonilla9
    gisellebonilla9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is exactly my crisis right now, i've always been overweight and 3 years ago i actually got to my ideal weight! Fastforward 3 years i've gained double. I need to change my body before 30 which will be in January...
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. The 30's were great. 40's are even better!
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 29 next Sunday. I've got one year to lose the weight and start living a healthier life.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    What is this 'before 30' that you speak of? I cannot remember such times. I'm in the over 40 camp now! :lol::cry:
  • ClaireHooker
    ClaireHooker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a mum of 7 under 7 and I want to get fit before my 30th (DEC 21ST), my weight loss journey has already started and I lost 2 kilos already. Good Luck. You can do it!
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    What is this 'before 30' that you speak of? I cannot remember such times. I'm in the over 40 camp now! :lol::cry:

It's a fun camp to be in!
  • nonevildoerz
    Options
    This is exactly my crisis right now, i've always been overweight and 3 years ago i actually got to my ideal weight! Fastforward 3 years i've gained double. I need to change my body before 30 which will be in January...

Totally can, keep focused and at least try :wink:
  • nonevildoerz
    Options
    PennyBrew wrote: »
    I'm turning 29 next Sunday. I've got one year to lose the weight and start living a healthier life.

12 months is a great amount of time to get into a more fit lifestyle :smile:
  • nonevildoerz
    Options
    Haven't figured out how to add people yet, i'm sure its simple. Add me if you want to share meal ideas and fitness stories. ;)