Low carb IPA??

Options
Hello! I've been on a Keto diet for just under a month. I've lost 13lbs, and have 10 more to go.

The only thing I really miss is an occasional IPA beer or two...or three...or four : /

That being said, my birthday is Sunday, and I'd like to enjoy a couple of IPA's.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a lower carb IPA?
Thank you much!!

Replies

• erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I say make that your free-for-all day
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Michelob used to have a low carb beer. I wonder if they still do.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks Michelob Ultra can stand in for a good, hoppy IPA does not understand good beer. :p I don't know much about the this keto thing, but the list queenliz99 shared is. Nice list with lots of stuff I consider tasty, quality beer.

That being said, I'm a fan of "it's my b-day; I'll drink good beer if I want to."
  • frontjab
    frontjab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's my birthday on Sunday, too! Happy Birthday!

I'm also low carb (not all the way to keto) and an IPA snob. Which pretty much means I'm not drinking any IPA's right now.

The reddit list linked above looks pretty good. Not a lot of what I'd call top of the line IPAs, but there is one jewel in there: Bell's Two Hearted Ale. If it's really 9g of carbs, it's a winner.
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    frontjab wrote: »

I'm also low carb (not all the way to keto) and an IPA snob. Which pretty much means I'm not drinking any IPA's right now.

The reddit list linked above looks pretty good. Not a lot of what I'd call top of the line IPAs, but there is one jewel in there: Bell's Two Hearted Ale. If it's really 9g of carbs, it's a winner.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale is my favorite beer of all time. I find 9g of carbs hard to believe, but I don't care if its 100, that's a damn good beer that's worth it every time
  • KennyLaguna2016
    KennyLaguna2016 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    frontjab wrote: »

Haha happy birthday to you too!! Yes it's a great list, but unfortunately they don't sell any of the lower carb IPA' (on the list) around my neck of the woods. I hear ya though, I haven't had an IPA in over a month. It's the only thing I miss!
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always get the highest alcohol content IPA that way I only need to drink 2-3 & I'm drunk :). Not sure if this method is the best carb solution but sure feels good & u get more bang for the buck
  • coalz
    Options
    That being said I'm a big fan of the raging *kitten*, heavy seas- loose cannon, lauganitas, green flash, & Brewers Art- resurrection & yes the two hearted ale <3
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Dude. It's your birthday. There are a few days a year that even when dieting I take as IDGF days. Life's too short to drink [anything but craft]* beer on your birthday.

* I can't say *kitten* on here so I inserted this PC phrase.
  • coalz
    Options
    Mmm & space cake clown shoes
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your birthday, and know that between a month off and Keto, you're going to be a cheap lightweight drunk. Cheers
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Whisk(e)y = no carbs ;)
  • coalz
    Options
    So what did you end up drinking Bday boy?