Help! I'm so tired.

Options
Hi my name is Maggie and this time I'm serious about losing weight. Here's my problem: I'm so tired all the time. I also got into a bad habit of barely eating and never drinking anything. I'm dehydrated and malnurished. How do I start? What do I eat? I'm tired of being tired!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.

In terms of what to eat right now, whatever you like if you're malnourished.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the kind of thing you should seek professional help with. You don't need to do it alone and having the right resources will be better for you.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard maggie, i felt the same way but now i feel so much better i was eating so much crap, my body was malnourished , now i am getting so much vitamin C from all the oranges , bananas, i am eating and all the green vegetables like spinach, and kale its like my body woke up, you need to feed your body correctly, if you ask any of the pros here they will tell you nutrition is 80-90 % of being healhty and mantaining a proper weight check out the nutrition forum for more advice and feel free to add me as a friend, also if you could post your personal stats, : height weight age for other to give you a more precise advice and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree on seeing a doctor. But I can tell you that I started with cutting back on soda and drinking more water. That made me feel enough better to start logging food and then I put in 5 meals a day instead of 2 or 3. I would get really tired and not have the energy to decide what to eat and make food happen, so I would go 10, 12, 15 hours between lunch and dinner or just not eat dinner. A morning and afternoon "snack" helped keep my energy levels up so I could think about food.
  • meaganseafit
    meaganseafit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you're eating! If you're not providing yourself energy (calories) then how can you expect to be full of energy and not tired all the time? I think once you start getting some nutrients in you'll start to feel a little better. Seek professional advice if you're feeling malnourished or having trouble eating enough - there might be some underlying conditions you're not aware of. I'm sure getting in some good proteins, fruits & veggies, and complex carbs (rice, quinoa, whole grain breads, etc) will help in the energy department. And DRINK WATER. Tonnes of it! <3
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Go find out your BMR and eat a little below that every day just to see what kind of weight you can lose each week. I would definitely have a little bit of everything if you are malnourished. Half plate veggies/salad, good carbohydrate, some protein and a small amount of fat. Eat lots of different coloured fruits and veggies and try to drink water if you're severely dehydrated.. You think you can manage 1 glass an hour or so? Give it 7 or 8 hours and you've taken in quite a bit of water. Eat nourishing but tasty foods to get your appetite up again..you've got to enjoy your food or you'll carry on as you are so do have a treat, everyday if needed - just stay within your calories if you are determined to lose weight at the same time.
    Your tiredness should improve by just eating and drinking again, but you will notice if it does after a few weeks of trying.x
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the feeling. Years ago I was feeling exhausted no matter how much I slept and then found out I had off the charts sleep apnea. I have dealt with exhaustion for years and it makes everything harder. You never realize how important sleep is until you cant get it, and the whole time I thought I was sleeping fine. I implore you to get checked. SO many people go undiagnosed and therefore untreated. Get a sleep study done asap!
  • MaggieMayy959
    MaggieMayy959 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 20 years old and I weigh about 170 or so. I'm 5'5 but I gain ALL of my weight in my face, neck and stomach. It makes me look really unproportional. I don't sleep very well at night but sometimes I can lay in bed until 2 pm. Exhausted but not sleepy. Does that make sense?
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am 20 years old and I weigh about 170 or so. I'm 5'5 but I gain ALL of my weight in my face, neck and stomach. It makes me look really unproportional. I don't sleep very well at night but sometimes I can lay in bed until 2 pm. Exhausted but not sleepy. Does that make sense?

Yes i've been like this for quite some years now..
    Medications, depression etc don't help either. It's a long haul to try and get more energy.. eating can go a long way in making you feel better but it's harder if you're battling against other things that make you tired.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    get you some anavar youll be aight

also dont listen to me