What motivates you to lose weight?

Options
Some things that motivate me are:

I want to love my body and I want to love how I look.
I want to wear a bikini one day.
I want to be healthy and not get diabetes.
I want to be seen by the opposite sex as a person, not a fat fetish.
I want to feel comfortable being desired by the opposite sex when dating.
I want to be confident, I want to love myself.
I want have children some day, and I know that being pregnant while big can have risks for the baby.
I would also want to look nice in a wedding dress someday too.
I want to learn how to make healthier eating choices and exercise choices.

Replies

• 14apfigley641
    14apfigley641 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm constantly trying to help other people do things that make them a better version of themselves and it makes me feel like a hypocrite. How can I help them when I don't even have enough self control to be healthy? I'm doing it to make myself proud of me! :)
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Thatonechickoverthere Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • cobblah
    cobblah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to feel well. I want to be able to move more easily.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it because I'm done allowing my poor physical condition to prevent me from doing the things I want to do.

• Rockchick09
    Rockchick09 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I wanna be able to compete in my sport and for that I need to be fit and flexible. I also wanna be able to wear a bikini with out feeling like a whale and darn it I wan't a smaller waistline. :P
    That's what keeps me going right now.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Better health and fitness! If people could actually experience for just one full day of how incredible they COULD feel if they were healthy and fit it would give you so much motivation to accomplish your goal. Looking better is definitely a great perk, but how you feel is the best motivator there is. :)
  • dmadd99
    dmadd99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing for me is be healthy and live longer than me eating junk.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lol you named all mine down to the wedding dress i swear
  • Thatonechickoverthere
    Thatonechickoverthere Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I'm doing it because I'm done allowing my poor physical condition to prevent me from doing the things I want to do.

Yes me too!

• PurpleLightning
    PurpleLightning Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most things that motivate me are health related. Horrible preventable diseases like Type 2 diabetes (which would lead to a decline in health eventually) put me on the road to eating better. Weight loss is an added benefit.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My Health..I'd love to live a healthier lifestyle, simply to enjoy life more, to perhaps live longer, for my family, my wife, my kids, my grandkids. Clothes...I look better in an XL than a 3XL and clothes are easier to find.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm motivated to calorie bank for gorging on a vacation I am taking next month. But added to that is that I started looking at some cute summer clothes I want to buy for the trip and my motivation is way up to keep up the good work!
  • Amara411
    Amara411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated because I want to love what I see in the mirror and because there are a lot of health issues in my family issues and I don't want any of them
  • Amara411
    Amara411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    History*