Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 6 months?

Options
Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 6 months or is that pushing it a bit?

Replies

• jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 4 stone since the end of January and although I was obese I wasn't massively huge to start with so, yes, it is absolutely possible! Obviously, the smaller you are and the less weight you have to lose the harder it will be. Good luck!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Umm if I remember right 2 stone would be about 28 pounds? If I'm right about that then yes it is totally possible that would only be a little over a pound a week which is a healthy amount o lose each week.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

It really depends on what your starting weight is?

I have lost 2 stone over the last 7 weeks but I had a total of 170lbs to loose.

As a rule of thumb I was told it is safe and healthy to loose 1-1.5% of your body weight each week so the lighter you are the less you should loose each week.

Eat right stick to a plan and exercise as suits you

Try not to be hung up on the numbers

Good Luck

Lucy
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi

It really depends on what your starting weight is?

I have lost 2 stone over the last 7 weeks but I had a total of 170lbs to loose.

As a rule of thumb I was told it is safe and healthy to loose 1-1.5% of your body weight each week so the lighter you are the less you should loose each week.

Eat right stick to a plan and exercise as suits you

Try not to be hung up on the numbers

Good Luck

Lucy

I'm just over 11 stone at the minute I want to get down to 9.

Tbh I've gone a bit off track the last month or so but before then I seemed to loose weight quite slowly.
  • em80
    Options
    I've lost almost 4 stone since the end of January and although I was obese I wasn't massively huge to start with so, yes, it is absolutely possible! Obviously, the smaller you are and the less weight you have to lose the harder it will be. Good luck!

Well done that's really good :)
  • em80
    Options
    Umm if I remember right 2 stone would be about 28 pounds? If I'm right about that then yes it is totally possible that would only be a little over a pound a week which is a healthy amount o lose each week.

Yeah it's 28 lbs.

Cheers :)
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Did the calculation wrong, sorry :) Yes, very doable, good luck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I started out at 11 stone in feb. I am now 9 1/2 ish. I have my loss set to 0.6 lbs a week at the moment, as I was too hungry on 1200 cals (0.8lbs a week)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    stone = 14 lbs correct? If so yes, I have been on MFP since January and lost nearly that much.
  • em80
    Options
    I started out at 11 stone in feb. I am now 9 1/2 ish. I have my loss set to 0.6 lbs a week at the moment, as I was too hungry on 1200 cals (0.8lbs a week)

Do you eat all your exercise calories back?
  • fteale
    Options
    stone = 2lbs correct? If so yes, I have been on MFP since January and lost nearly that much.

A stone is 14lbs
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great Advice from Lucy... There is soooo much that is possible and it is great to set goals. But remember a number is only part of the big picture. Everyday you are making choices that make you a healthier person. I wrote out goals when I started my weight loss journey. Some months I meet them, some I don't. I adjust my goals and what I am doing and keep moving forward. So far I am 107 lbs down. It has taken me almost 3yrs. (I spent almost 18 months staying the same and was happy I wasn't gaining. Figured I was practicing maintenance :)) I have now started to lose again.

Sometimes people set goals and then get frustrated when they don't meet them. I have tried focusing on the goals I have control over, that impact weight loss and being healthier. Getting a certain amount of exercise, drinking my water, logging all my food. Those things I can control and will help me get where I want to be. Some months I'm happy with the out come on the scale other months no so much. But I am getting to where I eventually want to be.

You will get to where you want to be, it is a journey, not a sprint :)
  • fteale
    Options

I usually try to have about 200 cals spare at the end of each day.
  • em80
    Options
    Great Advice from Lucy... There is soooo much that is possible and it is great to set goals. But remember a number is only part of the big picture. Everyday you are making choices that make you a healthier person. I wrote out goals when I started my weight loss journey. Some months I meet them, some I don't. I adjust my goals and what I am doing and keep moving forward. So far I am 107 lbs down. It has taken me almost 3yrs. (I spent almost 18 months staying the same and was happy I wasn't gaining. Figured I was practicing maintenance :)) I have now started to lose again.

Sometimes people set goals and then get frustrated when they don't meet them. I have tried focusing on the goals I have control over, that impact weight loss and being healthier. Getting a certain amount of exercise, drinking my water, logging all my food. Those things I can control and will help me get where I want to be. Some months I'm happy with the out come on the scale other months no so much. But I am getting to where I eventually want to be.

You will get to where you want to be, it is a journey, not a sprint :)

I guess I can just be a bit impatient.

I wanted to lose it all this year. I do lose inches more than weight though.
  • em80
    Options

I usually try to have about 200 cals spare at the end of each day.

I'm on 1290 I think and normally eat mine back
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    stone = 2lbs correct? If so yes, I have been on MFP since January and lost nearly that much.

A stone is 14lbs
    You must have typed this as I was correcting. I'm dyslexic in a very weird way so as I was thinking 2 x's I typed 2 instead of 14.