Does anyone else not lose much over the week, then next week drop a lot?

Options
The flip-flop of my weight really gets on my nerves at times.

I am only needing to lose about 5 more pounds before I meet my ultimate low goal, and getting there has really been hard the last three months.

I only weigh in once a week. I've found it the best for me, and it keeps my spirits high. I am very dedicated to my exercise, counting my calories, and watching my sodium levels. I also drink water like it's going out of style.

Three weeks ago I only lost .4 ounces. The next week I lost 3lbs. This week? .7 ounces.

It's so annoying! It's been doing this the last 10 lbs of my diet. It's so frustrating! :smile:

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    All the time! It seems that the closer I get to goal - less than 15 pounds now - the more sporadic the losses become. OK. Whatever. I'll get there sooner or later.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's hardest when you don't have as much to lose. I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to get to 10%bf and I'm very close, but it takes a while. Just keep at it. Don't get discouraged. We're all in it together.
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm so close also and I'm not ovulating thankfully. Just hovering above my final goal about 1~2lb fo at least a week.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    So over the last 3 weeks you lost 3 lbs? Sounds about right considering how close you are to goal weight.

Yes this is really common, your body will drop several pounds at once, than spend a couple weeks dropping nothing.
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, only I'm entering into Week 3 without a loss. I have about 6lbs to reach my original goal, then another 6-10lbs to get where I *thought* I might be able to get before summer after having some success but my losses have slowed way down now. I'm going to keep at it, though, because I know that loss will come eventually! If you know you're doing the right things, you'll be rewarded for them. Patience is very hard, though! Hang in there.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My progress chart on mfp looks like really long steps- I stay the same weight for 5-6 days and then have a big drop. Over and over. But it is steadily going down so I'll take it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    spcmartinm wrote: »
    My progress chart on mfp looks like really long steps- I stay the same weight for 5-6 days and then have a big drop. Over and over. But it is steadily going down so I'll take it.

Yeah this is how mine is and I weigh every morning. Day in day out, not much really. Up a half, down a half, up, down, up, down. Then boom - 1 gone overnight. Then back to the up down up down.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too... I went a month gaining and losing 5 pounds. Then one day i dropped those 5 pounds PLUS another 2 pounds. Then i consistently lost 2 pounds for two weeks. Now? I'm not budging.. i'm still at 136 pounds (i typically weigh in on wednesday, was a bit bad). My goal is 120.. so yeah, these last couple pounds are becoming a pain in the ***!!!!