Teachers

Options
Any other teachers out there want to motivate each other? I teach elementary school ESL in Minnesota. I love connecting with other teachers, sharing stories, and inspiring each other! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would count, but I'm certified assistant teacher. Right now I'm just subbing because of some medical issues so I'm able to be more flexible with my hours if need be.
  • rachelmof
    rachelmof Posts: 51
    Options
    Of course you count! That's awesome! :)
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    I just got my degree in school counseling and did my internship at a grade school. wow kids are crazy to deal with
  • halliecarol
    halliecarol Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are a master teacher!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been teaching for 13 years in NYC definitiely have some stories. Currently, I am a dean and teach English in a middle school. Also, looking for some motivation.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I teach 2nd grade in NC. :)
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    I am am a high school teacher in KY. Would love a good challenge. I hate to say it, but I only have about 6 weeks left of summer. XD It's never long enough. Would love to get my weight loss going again since I seem to have hit a plateau.

To the OP: What kind of challenge did you have in mind?
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have a degree in education (certified early childhood-8th grade), but no job because of all the cuts. I'm up for new friends to motivate, and if anyone's in a position to hire me, well, I guess that'd work for me, too. Haha :laugh:
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I teach middle school science in Tennessee. I agree--summer is way too short. One of my goals is to return to school in August and shock people with my dramatic weight loss, lol!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I am also a teacher in MN, 1st grade
  • Crash789
    Crash789 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and am loving having some extra time over the summer to get in some extra workouts and cook some healthier meals for the fam. I have a unique position in my school where I teach 1/2-time in the gifted program and 1/2-time as a school counselor. I love it!
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    I don't teach school, but I've been teaching small classes after school/ private tutoring for many many years (I started when I was like thirteen). This summer I do 2-5 hours of teaching daily. And frankly, I blame some of my weight on that.

The thing about teaching is that while it does not require a lot of physical movement, you are talking a lot - which makes you hungry!!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I teach middle school science in Tennessee. I agree--summer is way too short. One of my goals is to return to school in August and shock people with my dramatic weight loss, lol!

You and me both! I've got a picture of me from the start of this past school year (my heaviest weight ever!)...I finished the school year 20 lbs lighter. I'm hoping to go back in August a full 35-40 lbs less than I started last school year.
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm currently attending college where I'm pursuing my bachelors in early childhood education!! I can't wait for the day that I can tell everyone that I'm a teacher! I am so lucky to have chosen a career that will make such an impact on our children's lives!! Go teachers!!!
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options

You and me both! I've got a picture of me from the start of this past school year (my heaviest weight ever!)...I finished the school year 20 lbs lighter. I'm hoping to go back in August a full 35-40 lbs less than I started last school year.

Okay, kids...what are we going to do to achieve this shock and awe? I have a retreat with colleagues in 3 weeks.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I got my Secondary Ed certificate about 20 years ago. I'm currently teaching German to individuals who are moving there, or basic computer skills to senior citizens. Love my job!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    HI My school was closed and I taught 2nd grade. I"m going to a new one and will be teaching 3rd grade. Nervous and excited. My new school has AIR!!!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm a Certified Teachers Aid in IL for a High School Special Education and ESL students.

Feel free to add me!
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I was a High School History Teacher that was laid off in 2009 due to the economy :sad: Since, then I've been working on myself physically & spiritually. Presently I mentor High School students but still looking to teach in the classroom despite the budget cuts in education. Feel Free to add me as a Friend!:glasses:
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Okay, kids...what are we going to do to achieve this shock and awe? I have a retreat with colleagues in 3 weeks.

I have been doing c25k, and I keep saying I am going to start 30 day shred, but I haven't yet. I workout at least 6 days a week, and I am watching what I eat. Yesterday I had made it to 189.6; technically that still rounds to 190's, but I am almost there. There is an inservice Tuesday (optional) that I may skip just so I have more time to lose more before anyone sees me, haha!

I am participating in a skinny christmas challenge, but we could totally start a skinny schoolyear challenge to see how much we can lose by September 1. I would be game for participating. :smile: