Breastfeeding moms trying to lose weight

Options
Looking for other breastfeeding moms who are trying to lose weight. Just need some support from others who are in the same boat as I am

Replies

• mandyjane22202
    mandyjane22202 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mandy. I'm a breastfeeding mom as well. As most of us know breastfeeding helps you to lose weight and I was hoping that breastfeeding would help me get a good jump start on weight loss. However I have some how developed the atrocious appetite of a man and have gained 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks! Eeeeekkkkk! I am hoping that by logging calories and talking to others will help keep me mindful of my choices and learn to manage my sudden beastly appetite. >:)
  • azciara
    azciara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Young mom here. I breastfed my 3 year old for one year and now with my youngest I plan to do the same - so 4 more months. Until the next little one ;)
  • Syllypie
    Syllypie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding my 3rd baby girl (4 months now) and the struggle is real lol i think i can pack it in more now than when i was actually pregnant. I usually drop after weaning....so it is a sacrifice lol currently trying to make healthier choices and drink a lot more water....since much of the time I'm thirsty when i think I'm hungry lol also....eating every couple of hrs....something small and healthy so i dont feel deprived.
    Much of the newer research out there talks of breastfeeding not being an effective weight loss aid for many women because of how hungry we get and how much more we end up eating due to the increase in hunger haha I'm just taking it slow and trying to build something sustainable. Good luck ladies! :smile:
  • yixinwang528
    yixinwang528 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding after 17 months! It's really hard to keep appetite in control, I find I often get hungry before bed time :( coz most of my feeding occurs at night or very early morning. Just joined my fitness pal. In my case, breastfeed didn't give me a head start to lose the baby fat but it's not all about me either. However, now she is old enough and I need to start taking care of myself again:)
  • ytrapp
    ytrapp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently breastfeeding my 6mo old and need to lose weight but I don't want it to affect my supply! Any help?!