Feeling blue!

Options
I have read so many post on here were the significant others are very unsupportive. That is not the case for me. My husband is great, awesome, wonderful and very supportive. He started his life change the same time I did, and is going amazing.

Here my problem, well not really a problem but the root of me feeling blue. Even though we started this journey at the same time he has lost twice what I have. I have worked really hard to loose the weight I have. I log my meals, I have cut out an extra 200 calories a day I work out at least twice a week sometime 3 or 4 days. I had to stop running because of a problem with my knee which I get an MRI on Friday for. But no matter what I do I still only loose 1 or 2 lbs a week. Now my husband is a mere 4 lbs heavier than me. I feel like such a looser, and I feel bad that I am not more excited about how well my husband is doing. I am so proud of him and I tell him that, but he hears the disappointment in my voice. So then I feel like crap because I sound like an unsupportive wife, even though I really am happy for him. I really do just feel like crying all the time!

Thanks for listening to me vent!

Replies

• campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! My boyfriend has lost 15 pounds with little to no exercise and slight changes in his diet. a couple times this week he had cookies for breakfast! wth! men are just made apparently to loose weight quicker than we women are...bummer for us!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get to you - I know easier said than done. Men do lose weight quicker than women. My husband lost 30 pounds in a month and really did not make different changes than I did.
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    Men do lose faster than women do. All the friends I know who have lost weight a lot very fast are all guys.

Also, was he heavier than you to begin with? Heavier you are, the faster you can lose weight initially.

And if you are losing 1-2 pounds a week, that's good! That's very much so by the book. :)
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Men on average loose faster than women! Yrs ago I dated a guy, and he too lost faster than I! So I can relate to how u feel' just be patient and ur time will come!
  • stacibrannon
    Options
    Men will generally lose more weight then women. I've read so many health articles about this, because my boyfriend will lose 4 to 5 pounds when I can only lose 1 maybeee 2 pounds in the amount of time. Men burn more calories than us. Don't feel too blue! You're not alone!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep, like everyone is saying, men loose weight faster then women. Also, he is bigger then you? At first more heavier people will have the lbs drop right off them if they stick to it hard enough, but as it goes on it will start to slow down.. a big thing you also should concentrate on is WHAT your eating vs. how much.. How is your carb intake? Protein? You want to try and keep your carbs low ( and stay away from the "bad" ones) and eat foods high in protein.. also what kind of workouts are you doing? You need some good cardio in it to burn away the fat! :P:P
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    men lose weight faster than women and women are built with more body fat than men and, carry it different , dont try to compete with him its not a contest, dont let it get you down, it will come off just dont give up
  • AngelaAbbott391
    Options
    Guys loose weight so much easier than girls. If he's loosing twice the amount you are, than that means you have to work twice as hard as him. I know it sucks. But with that problem with your knee it might be hard... Good luck with your weight loss!