Slimming world and my fitness pal!

Options
Hey guys does anyone follow slimming world and my fitness pal??

Replies

• lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have just came back to MFP and I'm currently doing slimming world :)
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    me too !! x
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I need to look in to slimming world. I've heard a lot about it. I do MFP and Weight Watchers right now.
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's only my third week on SW and I love it.

I dont feel llike im on a diet and im eating more filling foods than when i was just using MFP. So, because im not hungry all the time, I dont binge like a crazy chocolate monster like i used to.

It's also helped me to start cooking from scratch, iv'e never made so many meals! I would highly recommend it.

Some of my friends used to do it and i never thought it would work - even though i saw them dropping weight i presumed it was because they had a little more to lose than me.

I used to work with a lady who did Weight Watchers and she hardly ate! She did lose weight easily but as soon as she went off plan, it all went back on again. I think SW is easier to stick to in the long term, as they say, its not a diet its a lifestyle.

Give it a go!
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am doing both!! I have been at slimming world for 14 weeks, and decided to log everything on MFP it is working for me!!
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been doing slimming world for quite a while but I'm losing and gaining the same 5lb over and over again. I've decided to come back to MFP just so I can easily log my food and hopefully not cheat as much. Sticking to slimming world as I know it works and love the recipes, just need that extra motivation so hoping this will help :smile:
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been doing SW since October but I've been struggling a bit lately so thought I'd come here to experiment with calorie counting to see how I go. The amounts I was eating for 'free' on SW would take me way over my 1200 calories MFP has calculated so I'm not sure how the two can be compatible. Any tips on how others are making it work for them would be great :smiley:
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm with Kim Orly on this one. I lost about 3.5 stone with slimming world but when I plateaued I moved to MFP. My calorie level was very high with all the pasta and rice I was eating. Sometimes over 3000 a day of free food! I tend to go from one plan to the other now as my motivation levels change.
  • DCaffrey
    DCaffrey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Slimming World since last July and I've just come back to MFP too.
  • shazza129
    shazza129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do slimming world and I've just come back to mfp, yes I agree you can seriously go over board on free foods but if you read the small print on extra easy it says eat till you are full, which when you are told something is free it's quite easy to forget that also Cals in and Cals out isn't an exact science as everybodies metabolism is as unique as their finger print, but general guide lines will help all of us. It's about finding yours. My question is how do you keep track of your Syns on here?
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    shazza129 wrote: »
    yes I agree you can seriously go over board on free foods but if you read the small print on extra easy it says eat till you are full, which when you are told something is free it's quite easy to forget

Very true, and portion control is definitely not my strong point. Essentially I'm greedy. If something tastes good I'll keep going for more and more. BUT if I said to my SW consultant that I thought my weight loss was suffering because I was eating too much 'free' food, she would tell me, not and that I can eat as much as I want... the problem is I usually want more than my body needs. MFP is definitely making me more conscious of portion size.

• emjemsqueak
    emjemsqueak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tbh your advisor should have suggested having a speed week to see if it helped, which increases your superfree intake (and hopefully reduces your "free"intake) and if it did then move onto regular speed days...once your weight loss slows down its probably worth switching to calorie counting that way you've mastered the healthy eating n cut down on snacking and junk food and your ready to work on portion control to get to your target.
    ..... but i have like 130lbs to lose and can't stick to any diet...so.....
  • gscott95499
    gscott95499 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've decided to go it alone well with my fitness pal! I'm loving the variety of food I'm having and not counting syns as I like protein shakes and they are 11
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    how are people finding doing slimming world and MFP at the same time? My weight keeps fluctuating and now i've booked a holiday for june.... so I need to lose it quickly and ideally keep it off!
  • maisiesmum2014
    maisiesmum2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    amystyran wrote: »
    how are people finding doing slimming world and MFP at the same time? My weight keeps fluctuating and now i've booked a holiday for june.... so I need to lose it quickly and ideally keep it off!

I would like to know too. I have been following sw but logging everything into mfp. With daily exercise and calorie control I am under my 1200 calorie goal and lost 2lb this week. It's very interesting logging it here its a great way to portion control and see what calories are really in the foods I consume. For instance today I am having sw chilli and was going to have pasta with it. (100grams was over 300kcal!) So scanned a mccain 1syn frozen jacket potato and saved 100 calories! MAD!