Hi! I'm trying to change my life!

Options
alexanderdickson93
alexanderdickson93 Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I'm a 23 year old guy from beautiful Scotland but unfortunately I allowed myself to reach the sobering weight of 24st 5.5lbs(155kg, 340lbs) but this week I got my fitness pal and I really feel I can change long term. My first week I've been eating well and I've lost over 6lbs. So hopefully this is the start of a life changing experience!

Replies

• UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try!

Seriously, just remember that you didn't gain the weight in a day, you're not going to lose it in a day. Make a mental shift in your perspective. Don't diet and exercise. Focus on your nutrition and training. It may seem a semantics game but it isn't. You need to make a permanent change not a temporary condition.
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. It will fall off slowly but surely. Eating well puts you on the right path. I am also trying to lose well over 100lbs. It is a slow process!

I am always looking for motivation buddies, feel free to add me!!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    MFP really works, you just need to commit to it and do your best :) I am wishing you the best of luck!
  • alexanderdickson93
    alexanderdickson93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • minjara
    minjara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done. I know what it feels like. I'm same starting weight as you and really want to lose the weight but im surrounded my foodies. It's so hard to keep motivated. Well done and great luck x
  • Curlykae89xx
    Curlykae89xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
    I'm from Glasgow x
  • Hey1985
    Hey1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Glasgow. Add me as a friend :)
  • KristinRG85
    KristinRG85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Impressive start! I'm only about 4lbs down (needing to lose at least 30, wanting to lose closer to 50). Remember: attitude is everything. It's not a diet, it's changing your life. It takes time, and effort, and support (never go it alone. fewer than two people is not enough), but you can do it.

I can always use more motivation buddies. Feel free to add.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    "Do Or do not. There is no Try." Get your plan together and GET IT DONE, SON! You can do it!!!