And then my brother lost 20 pounds accidentally

Options
rebprest
rebprest Posts: 149 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Don't you love it when you're on the weight-loss struggle bus and your brother accidentally loses 20 pounds just by switching his favorite fast food from burgers to Panera. Part of me is so happy for him, but part of me wants to shake him. Please stop tightening your belt near me!!!!...but good job yo!

Replies

• kelziemba
    kelziemba Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes. This. It takes me a few weeks to lose a few pounds but without even trying hubby suddenly drops 10 lbs. Not fair!
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yep. Guys have it easier. They don't deal with the severe monthly hormone fluctuations or the natural predisposition for a higher body fat, and on top of that... they can usually eat more. I know it's relative to their size, but sometimes I look at my BF's plate compared to mine and I'm like... psychologically, I could definitely eat that much, lol! But if I did eat that much I would get fat...
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Ha! This reminds me that, after the gym on Saturday, I figured I could have a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich for not too much calorie currency. Then I decided I liked McAliser's Deli's iced tea better so went in there to try to find something low calorie. I hit the jackpot! I had a Lite Choose Two combo of salad and sandwich that was only 570 calories -- and I couldn't even finish it! The Savannah salad was delicious!

Like your brother switching to Panera, my deli score was a bigger bang for my caloric buck!

Good for him!
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ha! This reminds me that, after the gym on Saturday, I figured I could have a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich for not too much calorie currency. Then I decided I liked McAliser's Deli's iced tea better so went in there to try to find something low calorie. I hit the jackpot! I had a Lite Choose Two combo of salad and sandwich that was only 570 calories -- and I couldn't even finish it! The Savannah salad was delicious!

Like your brother switching to Panera, my deli score was a bigger bang for my caloric buck!

Good for him!

McAlister's FTW! Their iced tea is the best! The sheer size of the drinks is an added plus, keeps you hydrated forever!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Yes, that would be frustrating!