Semi intervention

Options
localgrr
localgrr Posts: 99 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
This is going to sound like a humble brag, and maybe it is. But a few of my friends now have said recently I should quit it with the weight loss. It's probably because I'm small but the 8kg loss really shows on me.

I am way way within healthy norms - I am not close to the realms of an eating disorder and never will be, I bloody love food! I have a healthy belly and plenty on the thighs... maybe they have a point and it was too much too quickly or maybe they are a bit jelly. I'm still a UK 12, hardly wasting away here.

Replies

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay healthy...it's your body and you live in it! Let them do their thing and you do you. Besides, they could be hatin'! ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes our friends are shocked by how much thinner we look, and worry unnecessarily. (And some people may feel a bit threatened or guilty, if they have weight problems they know they "should" address.) I got a bit of that kind of reaction at first, including one (normally very rational) friend who worried that I was anorexic (!), but now that people are getting used to the idea of me as a thin person, I'm not hearing it anymore.

If you're in a healthy weight range, and getting good nutrition, just carry on with being you, and the rest of the world will eventually catch up with the idea.