What's your body fat percentage?

Options
jmgj27
jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
I'm interested in people's height/weight and relative body fat stats.

The scale has been refusing to shift for ten days or so but my BF % has dropped down from 24.5% about a month ago to 22.7% a few days ago. Even at my biggest though my BF% was only around 33% and various friends tell me that they have BF percentages in the upper 20s when they look (to my untrained eye) to be pretty jiggly!

What do you all think and what are your stats? Where would you like your BF% to end up (I'm going for 18% - 20%)?

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My body fat is about 19% right now. I am 5'4" and weigh about 128 pounds.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    111.1lbs - 5'5" - 21% BF
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9" (small frame) 135 pounds and 26% body fat.

ALSO..... I am 52 years old and it is recommended that as we age a bit of fat is considered healthier! I'll be happier at about 24% but I'll see!

There are charts and graphs all over the internet, check them out to see what a range is for your age group as well as height/weight/frame size.

And, love your body!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    122lbs @ 5'8" with estimated body fat at 18.5%

I go next week to have an actual analysis done at a metabolic wellness center to see where I actually stand since the body fat calculators are simply an average.
  • barefootgardener
    Options
    i don't trust the standard equation for body fat percentage. how can i get an accurate BMI?
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    when I first started MFP and losing weight, my body fat percentage was at 33%.... after 12 weeks I have gone down to 29% ....i don't know what I ultimately would like to be but 18-23 range sounds good. I am 5'10"... Where did you have your body fat percent measured? they did mine at the gym...is there a way to do it by yourself?
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    you can google to find equations and things online that will calculate it. I did mine that way and had mine done by a trainer and they both read 25% I am 5'11 149lbs
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    i don't trust the standard equation for body fat percentage. how can i get an accurate BMI?

You can research clinics that will do an accurate body fat/ lean muscle calculation. They use either water or air displacement to determine your body fat. It's pretty expensive from my understanding because it's not a very common ordeal. I live at an Army base that is experimenting with a wellness center, so I am fortunate enough to be able to have the analysis done and be hooked up to a machine to determine my actual BMR as well.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

You can research clinics that will do an accurate body fat/ lean muscle calculation. They use either water or air displacement to determine your body fat. It's pretty expensive from my understanding because it's not a very common ordeal. I live at an Army base that is experimenting with a wellness center, so I am fortunate enough to be able to have the analysis done and be hooked up to a machine to determine my actual BMR as well.

I had mine done through a BUPA check-up scheme at work for the first and recent readings. Others I have done at the gym from time to time. On my stats alone, internet based calculations put me at 26.7% which is a long way off. I think it doesn't help that I'm tall and muscly - that always seems to throw off the internet calculators...
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    my scale said weight 132# and body fat percentage 22.9% this morning (I'm a hair under 5'7")

I dont' know how good my scale is though..

I did an online calculator based on measurements and it came out to 22.8% (amazingly close to my scale)

so I'm probably about there.

I'm not sure of my goal.. 19-20% .. but I don't really know what I'm basing that on. I guess I dont' really have a numbers goal.. I more have a "visual" goal.. to not have any jiggly bits on my arms and to slim down my belly a bit more.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    5'4 height weight is 129 and my bf is 22% I would like to be like 18 I think
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just had mine done at the Y last week. I was 140 lbs, am 5'4" and body fat of 26.3%. I'm shooting for 22%.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I'm 5'2".5 and 110. My body fat is about 15%.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    5' 11" 183.8 pound guy and my current body fat % is about 18.6% (using body fat caliper). I am shooting for 175 pounds and 10% body fat, but I believe I will need to overshoot my goal weight and then build up muscle mass to get there. I hear gaining muscle and maintaining weight is almost as hard or harder than losing the fat in the first place. I started out around 29% body fat. I won't be happy until I can unveil the six pack...would be the first time ever for this lad and I am 40 years old...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    5'7", 36yrs old, 183.4lbs...and my bodyfat is between 18.9% (7 point method) and 19.9% (3 point method) taken with calipers.

My retarded 'go walking' scale says 28.4 lol. While the calipers can be misleading...I think they're far more accurate than the scale.

I'm just happy to be under 20% regardless!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    23.4 :/ I need to lose more weight haha :laugh:
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Just had it calculated Friday night. 19%
  • laurenc42
    laurenc42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" weight 140, bf 23%