how to get rid of a bloated tummy?

kennie2
kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
Subject pretty much says it all.

Replies

• I've never tried it but a friend suggested to take a couple gas relief pills and a few stool softeners over a two day period. Just haven't tried it yet.
  • When I'm bloated I drink lots of water. Sounds like an oxymoron but it helps. Lol
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Water.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    drink water, or lemon juice. if its gas, eat less of what ever is causing it :-)
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Lots of water for sure! :)
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    I am having a wicked day with this too. I am drinking a ton of water. Thanks for the lemon tip. I will try it too.
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Water and exercise. If it's really bad, I've also eaten Activia yogurt. Not as great as real yogurt, but it serves it's purpose.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Plenty of water and less sodium...especially if its that TOM for you.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    If you are bloated as the result of water retention try taking a celery tablet (they are available from the chemist or healthfood store). They are a great natural diuretic and I use them for a few days each month in the leadup to my TOM.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Water, strawberries, watermelon and cabbage are all natural diuretics ~ watermelon really helps me after too much Asian cuisine!:sick: Dandelion tea can really get rid of water retention as well....
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    dandelion tea, or chiccory root tea or chiccory root brewed as a "coffee" substitute.
    also water and exercise....
    seriously go for a jog .... it will release!! lol