What is one thing or more that you don't bother tracking calories

Options

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Spices...but then I realized that some spices have more calories than I thought.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Don't log anything that is 0 calorie unless I need the sodium and/or potassium values and any added vitamins I may be tracking. I do track romaine lettuce and all veggies. Carbs and protein are carbs and protein and I need all I can get.

I don't bother with fresh garlic, seasonings, water.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mustard, salt, spices, gum, some supplements (fish oil, ginger root, biotin), spray oils... I should probably start logging the ones that have calories, even if they're low. We all know it adds up. Plus I like to see my 'real' micros, which you can't do if you leave stuff out.

I've tried weighing salt, but it's less than a gram so my scale can't 'see' it. I will log the cinnamon I put in my oatmeal because I use enough of it that it has a pretty good amount of fiber.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper. When I saw that even my black coffee has a few calories in it, I made sure to add it. I add everything, even spices, because spices do have calories and they add up over time.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything, but I do get lazy with tracking diet coke, water, ketchup, mustard and bbq sauce. For the condiments, I never have more than about 1/2 tbsp, so I'm not worried about it.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Marinade. I use a prepackaged marinade at 25 calories for the entire thing, I use it to marinade an entire pack (9 pieces) of chicken thighs and then grill them. A lot gets left in the pan, on the grill, dripped into the grill, etc. 2 pieces of the chicken I eat that night, 2 pieces the boyfriend eats and the other 5 go to lunches so I'm not that worried about 2-3 calories effecting me when I'm at 1200-1300 a day.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    only things that I've discovered have no calories. so seasonings, plain tea, water. my medication.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Added seasonings/spices, Frank's Red Hot, diet sodas. Everything else gets tracked.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Coffee has potassium? Wow I had no idea. Maybe I do meet my RDAs after all.
    I dont track added salt. Like if I dip my hardboiled eggs in salt and pepper I dont track it. My blood pressure is actually on the low side so I have no reason to be super concerned about sodium.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I dont track condiments, butter,vegetable oil which I don't use often.
    The only drinks I track is if I have alcohol or an options hot chocolate, I don't track water or squash etc because it's all no added sugar and don't drink many fizzy drinks anyway .
    If I have a few chips the kids have left at wetherspoons or a few extra spoons of pasta I don't log it either
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,001 Member
    Options
    I don't track water and I don't track gum. I make my coffee with 2 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of half and half and there are 70 calories per cup. I drink 2 cups a day so that is 140 calories. I always track that.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot - the big one for me:

I don't log exercise calories.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I log pretty much everything except for my two nightly Tums (20 calories); I also tend not to log small food samples picked up at the supermarket or elsewhere.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Most spices and spice blends, salt and pepper, chewing gum, 0 calorie beverages, raw garlic. That's all I can think of that I regularly use and don't track. It's just literally not worth my time to track my 1 piece of 5 calorie gum per day or spice blends that I would have to break down by composition just to log a puny amount of calories.
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Raisins. I usually have a tiny handful (which I estimate is about 100 calories) and I usually only have one as a snack in between lunch and dinner. I almost always have an excess of 200-300 calories at the end of the day, and I haven't had any weightloss problems, so I continue to not track it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    TheUwuest wrote: »
    Spices/seasonings. Also plain tea, water, and salt

This exactly. And sugar free mini altoids.
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Coffee - black, no sugar. (I drink it iced to help improve calorie burning - cold drinks help)
    Pickles.
    Celery without any dip.
    Coke or Sprite Zero.
    Generally speaking, if it has less calories than it takes to burn up by eating it, I don't log it.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    black or green tea (I drink it plain without sweetener or milk)
    spices, herbs, ginger, and garlic in the recipe builder. Garlic entry is off so always adds 100s of calories incorrectly. Was correcting it til I realized it's only like 7 calories for the recipe so now I just delete it.
    I'm sloppy about logging salads and raw veggies, but do log them. Even cooked low calorie veggies (steamed plain or with salt) I eyeball (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, green beans).

This is so annoying!!! Happens to me all the time.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices for me
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't bother logging a pinch of spice unless I'm creating a recipe. I also don't bother logging my chewing gum (2-5 cals per piece, I chew a couple per wk) or my hard coffee candies at 10 cals per piece (max 3 per work day).

I'm lax with leafy greens. They get logged, but I don't always weigh them. I know what my handful of greens roughly weighs and I'll use that measurement.

I've got a bit of a buffer built into my calorie limit to account for such things. Maybe a bit too much of one - lost faster than I intended last month.