Low Calorie Jumbo Burger Cups

Options
ShinyFraga
ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
I came up with this recipe because I wanted to be able to have something similar to my mom's burger bundles that she made when I was a kid, but still keep it low calorie. And I figured I'd share it here since I know everyone is always looking for new yummy, low calorie food options. :smile:

Low Calorie Jumbo Burger Cups

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. lean ground beef (93/7)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup dill pickle relish
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 medium yellow onion
4 oz. fat free cream cheese (half of 8-oz package)
1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can Kroger refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits, 50 calories each)
1 egg
1 teaspoon water

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In a 12-inch skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in the ketchup, relish, mustard, fat free cream cheese, fat free cheddar cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Reduce heat to low.

2. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using a serrated knife, split each biscuit in half horizontally. Press a biscuit half into about a 4-inch round circle. In an ungreased non-stick jumbo muffin pan, press the biscuit round into the bottom and 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up the sides of the muffin cup. Repeat with 7 of the remaining biscuit halves.

3. Divide the beef mixture evenly among the biscuits in cups. Top with remaining biscuit halves, stretching them slightly to cover the beef mixture and slightly pressing the edges to the bottom biscuits to seal.

4. In a small bowl, beat the egg and water until well blended; brush on top of biscuits.

5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before serving.

Makes 8 servings of 1 burger cup each.

I entered all the ingredients into the recipe creator, and it listed these as 192 calories per serving.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    those sound yummy!!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty!!!! Cute little idea. So they're about the size of a muffin then?
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That sounds sooooo yummy!!!!
  • coachredhead
    coachredhead Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good, thnaks for sharing :)
  • MaysMom
    MaysMom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    Bump
  • Davey2412
    Davey2412 Posts: 17
    Options
    I will have to try these! Great idea!
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    they are the size of a jumbo muffin or thereabouts. the recipe is to be used with a jumbo muffin pan.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • mzmags
    mzmags Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy! If I get to the store I am making this tonight..
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • dubord29
    dubord29 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The mixture is DELICIOUS! Makes me think of a Mcdonalds hamburger. I didn't have enough biscuit dough to close them up though. Next time I'll make a batch of bisquick instead of using refridgerated dough. As far as taste goes though...it's a hit!

Thanks for the recipe :)