Cize

Options
Has anyone tried the cize dance workout dvds? A friend told me about them and I was curious what people thought. Was it hard to learn and what kinds of results did you have?

Replies

• Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently doing CIZE. In 3 weeks I have lost 13 pounds and loads of inches. Best of all, I am having an absolute blast doing it. I pick it up fairly well, but I am doing it with a friend who struggles a bit to learn, but she is still having great results as well. Might be worth trying out.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the program but from what I've seen of it, it looks like a good cardio focused program. It seems to be designed to be more fun than just a basic aerobics class so that you won't feel like you're working out but just dancing and enjoying yourself. If you can find something that you enjoy, you're more likely to stick with it and get consistent results. My concern with the program is that I haven't seen anything in it that is focused on strength training to preserve muscle during the weight loss so you might lose weight but I wonder how much of that will also be muscle. Additionally, I haven't seen anything in the advertisements that talk about proper eating habits while you're doing it because 75% of weight loss is how and what you eat. The exercise is just an added bonus and good for conditioning.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I actually went to a class on Friday at my gym! It was supposed to be a cardio sculpting class, but I guess the trainer was sick and so they had someone who was there do a cardio class instead, which happened to be Cize. I didn’t know what it was, and didn’t know if I wanted to waste my time doing a dance cardio class…but I stayed. It was fun…I sweat a little bit, but it wasn’t anything special. I personally wouldn’t go back…but it’s a good beginners class I suppose.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ah yes Cize.
    I ordered it in December knowing that I was going to start my weight loss journey in 2016 and was out of shape and had NO INTEREST in "working out" in the clear sense of the word. The cize infomercial caught my attention for it's focus on dance and moving as opposed to reps and weights and blahh blahh. Anyway, started my journey on Jan 12th and with a calorie deficit aiming at 2 pounds a week I shed 20 pounds in 2 months. It is really fun and gets you going. It is a great beginner workout. After a while I started doing them with 1 pound wrist weight to up the challenge. I have since moved to more demanding type of cardio like TurboFire and even started my first strength training program EVER, Chalean Extreme 3 weeks ago.
    But all this thanks to Sexy ShaunT and the Cize program that got my back on that horse.
    I now do them on Rest days of CLX to have fun. :)

Oh and if you were wondering
    43 years old, 5'5''

SW Jan 12th 225
    CW April 15th : 194.6
    GW 140

Feel free to add me as a friend too :smile:
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Been doing CIZE for 12 weeks. Lost 10 pounds and 10.5 inches. It is so much more fun than any class or video I've ever done.
    Shaun T is a great instructor and makes it pretty easy to learn the steps to each new dance.
    I'm going to keep doing it for another 3 months at least and see how much more I can lose.
  • unnichacko
    unnichacko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I feel funny doing it, so I stopped. But my friend is on her third week and she has lost 4 inches from her waist. So I think it's worth another try.
  • roseml6792
    roseml6792 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm gonna give it a shot.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Been doing the CIZE weight loss DVDs. One I have mastered. The other one, not so much! It doesn't look hard, but it is. I burned 424 calories in 54 minutes, which was me rewinding to try to get a step down. Don't have it yet but will keep trying.