Noob needs mentor

Options
f97jake
f97jake Posts: 7 Member
If your still open I need a mentor, Im pretty committed already but I'm really
New to fitness. I quit smoking last year and gained alot of weight, I ended up
190 lb. Now I'm down to 175 and not on any fad diets. I want to build muscle
And reduce my body fat % which is at 16% at the moment. Hope you can help.

Thanks

Replies

• TheRiceLord
    TheRiceLord Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, very similar story like me. Many reasons why you gained weight from quitting smoking. I also quit since September. But one thing was that i also dieted successfully during that time too. Hardest thing to do lol. If you are a beginner in the gym, then this is the perfect time to lose weight ajd gain muscle at the same time! You should be able to do both at a good rate for roughly 6 months. If you need any help, I'll be willing to mentor you. I lost 20 pounds of pure fat in a 5 month period, and gained at least 5 pounds of muscle with a 60 to 70 percent carb diet. Wish I could go back and count my macros better, but since I went slowly and steady with my diet, I got to learn many things on the way with dieting and weight lifting.
  • f97jake
    Options
    That's great man congrats on your success. I had a very rough year after quitting smoking and its only recently since I started working out, I got out of the mud. I used eating as my replacement, I was about 155 before I quit lol. Surprisingly its not hard for me to eat clean now though. Old eating habits have kicked in and I find myself eating more then I usually would. But only good stuff and only drinking water for a little over a month now. I'm doing 1700 calories 50p 40c 10f right now. A pt at golds gym got me into that plan about a week or so ago, before I was intermittent fasting and only eating 1500 calories a day, and before that I was trying paleo diet.. I've been learning as I go too. being my own guinea pig.
  • TheRiceLord
    TheRiceLord Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love intermittent fasting. I do warrior diet everyday. You have to do it everyday. Do extensive research before starting. Thats what made me finally lose fat. The reason for you gaining weight is that your metabolism gets messed up when you quit smoking, chemicals in your brain change, and foods taste better. Aslo, you actually burn calories from smoking. It's so easy to gain weight after quitting cigs. Its very common. I tried quitting before september and also gained weight. Food was so good! Lol. Right now I am at 166.5 pounds, but I have roughly 20% bodyfat. But I have a clear path set up and things are going smooth! I was 183 pounds in september with at least 30-35% bodyfat. I was what they call, "skinny fat" lol.
  • f97jake
    Options
    Yup food is still really dam delicious. lol. Intermittent fasting definitely seems like a good strategy. At first I really liked intermittent fasting too, but my swaying blood sugar levels from being hungry all morning weren't giving me a joyful experience out of my new life style changes. Even after I ate i didn't have energy for anything besides my workouts. Right now I feel really good. my diary is open! thanks for the invite