Breast cancer survivors!

Options
rylansmomma
rylansmomma Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
Hello!
I've just finished treatment., I had surgery in May followed by 8 rounds of chemo, 25 rads and 8 boosts. I finished 1 week ago. I am fighting fatigue and in a bit of a funk now that everything is done! Sounds weird I know, but it's a tough switch from "fight mode" to survivor mode. So, I am about 50lbs overweight and looking for some friends to get me motivated. I have a trip planned for the end of April and want to be well on my way to losing the weight!

Replies

• FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I had a partial mastectomy 7/2010 followed by seven weeks of rads (thankfully no chemo). The rads really take a toll on you - it was a good year or so before I felt like myself again and could tell my energy levels were returning. Slow and steady - don't rush it or try to do too much too soon.

The hard part is over - get busy living ;)
  • rscunu
    rscunu Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Partial mastectomy 9/2010 reoccurance 10/2012. Cancer free since! *hugs* I didn't get the severe weight loss....I actually gained over 40lbs in 3 months...hormones, I tell you!
  • new4daisy
    new4daisy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So nice to read your posts and know I'm not alone. I had surgery August 2014, 6 rounds chemo and now getting ready to finish radiation 33 rads in 2.5 wks. I have gained quite a bit (a lot) of weight through this process (chemo, nerves, hormone meds etc.) and really need to focus on eating well and consistently exercising. This will require a real change in life style for me and I must admit I'm a little nervous about making that step but know I need to. I am new to using the message boards for support but would love to help if I can. I love FenTiger89 "The hard part is over - get busy living." Amen to that!
  • melissabellnz
    Options
    Add me too! Stage 3 breast cancer in 2013, bilateral mastectomy, 15 chemos, 25 radiations and a year of herceptin. Oh yeah, and 10 extra kilos.

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Bilateral mastectomy in August 2014. No chemo/rads, but managed to put on 20lbs that I'm trying to lose before my exchange surgery in April. I want to be able to bounce back from this surgery much quicker!
  • sawjaw23
    sawjaw23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished up with treatment, too! Mastectomy in July followed up by chemo and radiation, ending just two weeks ago. This is the first week since end of June that I haven't had a doctor's appointment. I'm celebrating :) I have gained 25 pounds, and don't want to gain any more. I'm coming back to My Fitness Pal, which I haven't done for months, I'm back at the Y exercising (just started a week ago) and I'm joining Weight Watchers at work next week. I'm going to get rid of this weight. I've got a trip in April, too. We're going to Florida. I've accepted that I will be chubby for this trip, but we're going to Hawaii in September, and I'd like to have shed the weight.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. Age 33, two small children and stage 1 grade 3. I had a bi-lateral August 19th 2013, no chemo but several complications which led to a total of 8 surgeries in just under 15 months. I gained a ton of weight through the process, as well as my supportive hubby. I would love to motivate any of my "pink sisters" during their journeys to a healthy life and welcome new friends.
  • loriio
    loriio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 45. I was diagnosed 3 years ago with stage 1 ILC. I had a BMX. No chemo/rads. I am trying to fight off the middle age weight creep.
  • rosina0015
    rosina0015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Diagnosed Feb 2013. Bilateral MX in March 2013. 8 rounds of Chemo. Happy I didn't need rads. BRCA1 = Hysterectomy in Sept 2013. I gained a good 20+ lbs. and I'd really like to lose it before I start the reconstruction process.
  • kimberlydafforn
    kimberlydafforn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am living with Stage IV (metastatic) breast cancer. I am a bit over 8 years since diagnosis. Feel free to add me as I am slow in my weight loss journey. In the last 3 years I have lost 50 pounds. My biggest goal is to get my diabetes under control.
  • CourticeMommy2015
    CourticeMommy2015 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello, I am a cancer survivor too. I had IDC stage 3 breast cancer. In 2013 I had surgery and 26 radiation treatments. Now for 5 years I am on hormone therapy. Hate that one of the side effects of medication is weight gain. I need to lose approx. 60lbs. I just this site this week. So nice to find a post and find others that have gone and are going though the same things/issues. Please feel free to add me as a friend on site if you like.

Karen
  • AudreysMommy2014
    AudreysMommy2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with TNBC late last year. I've had chemotherapy, surgery and am starting radiation later today. Feel free to send me a friend request so that we can support each other.
  • secwife47
    secwife47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I didnt have breast Cancer, but Ovarian and Uterine. Got thru that but the Ovarian came back on my liver. I really thought that Cancer was gonna be a great diet. Well ive gain 40 of the 50 pounds i lost before diagnoses. Remission now and trying to get that 40 off again and more. Good luck to you.
  • texmex39
    texmex39 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For Couricemommy2015 : Hi there, same thing with me. Was diagnosed in June last year and went thru chemo, surgery and radiation and now on an estrogen blocker which is just packing on the weight. Found this site last week and now am onboard and have lost 4 pounds this week, so that's inspiring.