Over sugar but not calories??

Options
Hi all,

What if I'm really over sugar..but i'm under my calories.. will that still really effect my weight loss? Today was a very bad day sugar wise.. but even other days.. I still go over.. Just wonder if its going to hurt me..

Replies

• Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm over my sugar intake today as well and all it took was 2 cups of cabbage, an apple and a banana. :grumble:
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    If you are eating fruit - the chances are high that you will go over on sugar. I wouldn't be concerned about that. If you are eating junk with sugar...you know what to do!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Usually its mostly fruit when I go over.. today and yesterday it wasn't.. but usually it is..
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    Ok I added a dessert to my diary but haven't had it yet.. my step daughter made it.. I just deleted it all off my diary.. because I just put each ingredient on there.. I decided I rather have strawberries... that dessert isn't worth it
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar, I was told by a diabetic nutritionist not to worry about just sugar it is included in the carb count. As long as you are not eating a lot of refined sugar foods track cholesterol instead.
  • bristyx
    bristyx Posts: 3
    Options
    I know it's already been said, but going over with sugar in fruit is better than going over in refined sugar. Refined sugar essentially has no nutritional value, so you're adding calories that are going to hinder rather than help you. I don't think you need to worry about cutting it out of your diet, but it's good to keep an eye on it! :)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Ok I added a dessert to my diary but haven't had it yet.. my step daughter made it.. I just deleted it all off my diary.. because I just put each ingredient on there.. I decided I rather have strawberries... that dessert isn't worth it

If you use the recipe button you can calculate it out with all the ingredients.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options

If you use the recipe button you can calculate it out with all the ingredients.

yeah I forgot about that.. I ended up having it..but half the size of a regular piece :)