Ideas for a night cap snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The oats are more tender when they get to marinate in the yogurt for a few hours:

wbvjre4szb38.png

Obviously, if you have more than 200 calories left, you can add more of everything.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I like to have an Enlightened ice cream bar if I have extra calories, or popcorn. If I have a couple hundred, I make a berry crisp with blackberries/raspberries topped with an oat/protein powder crumb topping and a scoop of greek yogurt or fat free ice cream.
  • yoyeen1981
    yoyeen1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Kkallisti, Skinnypop is awesome. I feel like I'm getting a good portion for the calories. My boyfriend (not watching calories) really likes Sargento's Balanced Breaks. They're portion controlled and usually have cheese, nuts, and dried fruit. I think they're under 200 calories.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    The last couple of evenings I have had 1/2 cup of ice cream with a warm Ghirardelli brownie and a little Smuckers fudge topping for under 400 calories.

Sometimes I have air popped popcorn with a little butter and some spices or brown sugar and cinnamon, Ice cream with a cut up banana or some strawberries.

For 400 calories you can come up with lots of nice treats.

• amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Country Charm Chocolate ice cream (the big cheap tub from Walmart) is only 120 calories a serving & it's really good. I've been on a chocolate milk trend right now. I have Fairlife fat free milk with Hershey's syrup & 11 g of unflavored protein powder mixed in. The amount of milk & syrup depends on how many calories I have left for the day--I just adjust everything until I've used up every calorie :) .
  • meonlybetterDUH
    meonlybetterDUH Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love love love Healthy Choice 80 calorie fudge bars. The only problem is I have a hard time only having 2! They are yummy, low cal and low sugar. Big box at Sams Club!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    kirakinss wrote: »
    so I am pretty busy throughout the day, so I always end up with some unplanned calories at the end of the day even after dinner and dessert. So for around 200-400 calories, do you guys have any snack ideas before bed? I prefer sweet things but I'm open to everything! I like voluminous food, but no fruits or veg cause I have way too much throughout the day. Frankly I just want a treat but I'm all out of inspiration! What do your night caps looks like?

What is your daily calorie goal? 400 calories "left over" for what is most likely a non-nutirent dense treat after having a dessert with dinner (which is also likely not nutrient dense) seems like a high % of calories going to treats for most people monitoring calories to lose weight.
  • bainstorm
    bainstorm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a date truffle.. Put 2 cups dates in a blender with 1/4 cup raw walnuts , tsp of vanilla 2 tab. cocoa non sweet. blend together till it becomes a past . take a tsp. of the date mixture, and roll it in your hand to form a small ball. it is natural, sweet and does the trick . California dates are only 20 cal. each .
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I find a simple carb is perfect before bed; I like toast w/butter, A small bowl of cereal w/milk, or some pretzels with cheese
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    medjool dates with almond or cashew butter, (just one or two, pretty calorie dense) - maple syrup yogurt with peanut butter, coconut yogurt with almond butter...fancy nut mix...just make sure i weigh and measure, but usually i want something fat/sweet before bed.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love sharp, aged white cheddar cheese. If I have extra cals at the end of the day I'll have an ounce or two of my favorites (Beecher's and Cougar Gold) plus a couple whole grain crackers. Yummy!

My vote too. The cheese will also improve the acidity in your mouth giving your teeth better protection.

I have been having a glass of water or a tea (chamomile) in the evening and another glass of water at bedtime. I feel a lot better if I stay hydrated.
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cereal with lowfat milk - preferably a sweet kids cereal
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of cereal/milk each night, mostly to avoid being shirt on calories at maintenance, though I go more for Cheerios, Chex or Special K instead of sweeter stuff.