How do I go about this ??

Options
I went shopping at Costco today, and sampled there samples they had. I have NO CLUE how to add that in my food diary. I'm so mad at myself for doing this, but I was starving and was thinking how many calories could a sample of everything be? Well, I have a feeling that can even do damage. I don't know how to calculate this though???

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Don't be mad at yourself. Just estimate and move on. :)
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up...it is only one day!!!
  • miguel3074
    miguel3074 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YOu are human and try not to beat yourself up! Just remember to space your meals and don't go hungry. We are all human!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Can't change the past so don't dwell on it. I would add 200 calories and move on. May not be right but at least you logged something.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Guess, then add 50 calories to that guess. If it is typical costco samples they are probably about 150-200 calories if you sampled them all. I am always looking at the labels of the samples anyway to see if it would be something I would purchase, so I compare a serving size to the sample size. Usually 200 calories will cover it. If you are wrong, you won't be gaining weight, it will just eat into the deficit you have for the day. Don't sweat it, you likely did very little damage to your weigh loss. BTW, I sample at costco all the time when I am there, as it allows me to get a taste of foods while not having to eat a whole serving or more. That helps me stay on the program the other days.
  • astilson33
    astilson33 Posts: 52
    Options
    I think I am getting myself too worked up over it, and I calculated my dinner and still have 459 calories, SO I will just call it a day and have a great workout tonight :) THANKS GUYS!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I do the same thing every Saturday, I just love the "tasty ladies" at COSTCO. I always enter 200 calories under snack for the day and move on. It seems to work for me :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Don't get too upset about it. It probably wasn't more than 200-250 calories total. I would quick add the calories and move on. It'll be okay. One day of sampling at Costco won't ruin all your hard work. This coming from the person who just ate 1/2 cup of Red Velvet ice cream. ;)
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal. Pick a number, say 20, and add that for each sample and move on. Eating those samples is not going to "do damage". Remember that the calorie goal that MFP gives you for each day has a calorie deficit built in so you do have some wiggle room before you eat enough to gain any weight.
  • astilson33
    Options
    Thanks you guys! This information has been very helpful! AND it feels good to see i'm not the only one that has done this :) I'll add 200 calories!
  • imprimez
    imprimez Posts: 36
    Options
    Don't sweat it too much! As long as you didn't go over board and eat all the samples they had on the table, you should be ok. Anyways, I don't think it hurts to have a 'cheat day' every once in a while where you can be a little more lax with yourself than usual.
  • astilson33
    Options
    Don't sweat it too much! As long as you didn't go over board and eat all the samples they had on the table, you should be ok. Anyways, I don't think it hurts to have a 'cheat day' every once in a while where you can be a little more lax with yourself than usual.

NOOOO I didn't eat them all, I was even good and only had 1 each when I wanted a couple of some :)
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Do the best estimate that you can. I have something I add on my food diary called bites of crap and add that when Im not sure.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Lol my method of free food is free food works for me unless it's pizza and you have 6 slices
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You can always use the "Quick add calories" to add your guessitimate.