Pregnancy

Options
arlzixxx
arlzixxx Posts: 30 Member
Hi I'm just wondering what does everybody eat during pregnancy to keep healthy ☺☺

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I just tried to eat whatever would stay down.

The first pregnancy I had some weird craving for gatorade...I say it's weird because I had never had gatorade before that. I was probably dehydrated from all the puking.

The 2nd pregnancy I wanted spinach salad like every meal every day. I didn't really puke much with my 2nd. Only for the first 8 weeks.

Just take your prenatals and eat normally. You really don't need to add any calories until the very end of the 2nd trimester or beginning of the 3rd. Then my doctor told me I could have 300 calories more...I actually was just eating whatever I wanted with both. I figured, I was only going to be pregnant a couple times in my life and should try to enjoy it.

Congrats.
  • arlzixxx
    arlzixxx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much ☺ I'm very pukey and when I'm not I'm just eating crap I'm trying to eat healthy but feel too hungry then sick again
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been eating pizza this past week. I didn't eat pizza before, but now that I'm trying to maintain weight and not lose, it actually fits in my calories. When the nausea comes on all of a sudden I just grab whatever I can find - cheese, crackers, leftovers (chicken strips, soup) I can warm up quickly. Overall though, I plan on eating basically the same things as before (turkey sandwiches and veggie steamers) but will have a little extra room for the occasional ice cream or pastry.

I plan on continuing to track everything (I'm only 7 weeks) because I gained 65lbs with my first and will not let that happen again.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I was told by a friend to eat pineapple when I felt barfy. It helped a lot and was yummy. I ate crates and crates of clementine oranges and couldn't get enough onions. I didn't eat super healthfully. The nausea really sucks
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant haribo gummy bears was my go to!

err..wait