Meal prep for weigt loss

Options
I have been meal preping for the past 2 weeks but i feel like i am eating the same things and i still have not loss no weight. I exercise 4 to 5 days a week for 1 to 2 hours and i consume1600 calories a day. Help me. I need to lose 20-30 pounds by the beginning of July.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your logging? Are you using a food scale? Using the recipe builder? Accurately tracking exercise calories? Using accurate entries for your food? Logging every single thing you consume?

20-30 lbs by July isn't too realistic unless you are very overweight - that's at least 2 lbs a week.
  • jarahorne
    jarahorne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Ready2Rock206 I am 5"2 217lbs. I am new to all this. But I do log in everything that I eat. The only thing that confuses me is the calories burned from working out. For example if i workout on the elliptical for 60 min it will say on the machine i burned 658 calories but on mfp it will say 800. Thats a big difference.
  • frankie_xox
    frankie_xox Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The only was to get a somewhat accurate idea of calories burned when working out is by using a heart rate monitor. Most people on here will log what the machine says or what MFP says and then only eat back half of those extra exercise calories to account for the inaccuracies - that way you don't accidentally over eat.

You'll also see everyone respond saying you need to weigh your food. All of it. Logging it is important, but you could easily be eating more calories than you think you are because you don't know the exact portions. I've learned from reading these message boards that even packaged foods where the serving size is one package (a protein bar, for example) may not weigh what is printed on the package and you may eat more than you think!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Don't trust machines, there's no telling when they were last calibrated and how people have used and abused them. A generic guideline that some of us follow is to eat 50-75% of the calories MFP tells us to, as there is sometimes no accounting for what was really burned.
    Also, I know some people hate it, but using a scale for your food is the best way to ensure that you're eating exactly what you think you are.
    Mix up your meals. I usually eat chicken thighs and some veggies, but I'll either change around the veggies, add seasoning or sauces to make it a little different. If I get bored with chicken, I'll go pick up some lean hamburger. Are you taking foods out of your diet that you enjoy? That's when I start to hate life, and I get bored with food. Eat what you want, just remember moderation for foods. My target is 1330, so at 1600 you have a bigger leeway than I do as to what you can eat! :smiley:
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not trying to b rude but i doubt u burn 658 from one hours in the eliptical...i use mine for 30 min n i only burn 107 which seems more reasonable than 658.
    jarahorne wrote: »
    @Ready2Rock206 I am 5"2 217lbs. I am new to all this. But I do log in everything that I eat. The only thing that confuses me is the calories burned from working out. For example if i workout on the elliptical for 60 min it will say on the machine i burned 658 calories but on mfp it will say 800. Thats a big difference.
    jarahorne wrote: »

• ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am around your weight, a little bit taller and 20-30 lbs would take more like 6 or so months honestly.

Find some food you love to eat, if you hate salad and make salad every day for lunch your just going to be so unhappy. Weight loss doesn't have to suck.
  • jarahorne
    jarahorne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys