Pregnant and eating but not gaining.

Options
So I am 19 weeks pregnant. 5'8" and started out at 226lbs. I set MFP to "lose 1/2 a pound per week" at a sedentary fitness level. It gives me about 2000 cal a day. My Fitbit adds in my exercise so I've been eating 2300-2500 cal a day.
Now, at 19 weeks pregnant, I am 228lbs. I feel like I'm eating so much but still not gaining! I also have a baby bump showing... I look so much bigger than before... Any thoughts?

Replies

• CarolinaJen16
    CarolinaJen16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant 4 years ago, I started out at 235 (at 5'8") and delivered at 253 lbs. 18 lb gain. Most of that came towards the end.

I wasn't counting at all and was eating whatever I wanted. My doctor wanted me to gain the 25 lbs even though I was overweight and was always concerned at my appointments I wasn't. I got extra ultrasounds because of it.

I delivered a beautiful 7 lb girl a few days overdue and came home from the hospital at 227 lbs (normal delivery but my bp sky rocketed in labor so I was treated with a 24 hour iv of magnesium).

If you have any concerns bring them up at your next appointment. I had a wonderful OB who was great about answering my concerns.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Confused. You've set MFP to lose and you are not gaining. Why do you have it set to lose? Did your doctor give instructions to lose?
  • amandaanew
    amandaanew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No instructions at all. But I am also a Bariatric patient (2 years post op RNY) so getting 2000 cal a day is a lot to me. If I set it to "maintain" with "lightly active," it's pretty much the same... I just feel better seeing less calories there I guess.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ask your doctor about calorie goals. Here is a list calorie dense foods.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to maintain and eat more - your baby needs it!