Maintenance and bloat???

Emmamarceau7
Emmamarceau7 Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Ever sense I hit 138-139 I've been maintaining for a week and my stomach is so bloated I feel 3 months pregnant all the time and I'm self concious about it. My weight will go up to 142 and back down to 139-140......On and off. Makes me want to go back to eating 1000 calories again (I've been eating between 1500-2200 everyday for a week) what's going on???

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Have you changed the type of foods you are eating? more carbs perhaps? they make me feel bloated when I have more than usual.
    It does take our bodies time to adapt to the extra calories so give it time before you alter your intake.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    if jumped form 1000 to 1500/2000 you have more than likely increased carbs and hence fibres have gone up - fibres bloat!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Fiber, starches and dairy get me bloated. Keep an eye on those. Drink more water if you do eat a lot of fiber.
  • kimbers74
    kimbers74 Posts: 6 Member
    I found once the calorie intake increased from 'loosing weight' to maintenance. I would bloat after every meal. I looked 4-6mths pregnant. Tummy swolen & hard. 2 hour later gone. I saw a Sports diet nutritionist. First of all we increased the calories from dieting 1200 a day by 20-50 calories every week. This was done till we reached my maintenance of 1450 calories a day. So basically it was done slowly so the body could aclimatise. Also the combination of foods we changed. Some foods naturally make you bloat. So for me not so much cauliflower. Refined carbs like bread, pasta & rice - I need to back off on. I think part of this for me is metabolism. As I react better at lunch than at dinner time.
    I have found a daily probiotic and some Kombucha tea, has helped immensely.

Good luck with you new journey.
  • BranMaria
    BranMaria Posts: 1 Member
    Here's a simple remedy to that bloatness...
    Warm water (filtered)
    1tsp of turmeric
    1tlb of ACV
    1/2 lemon

Drink before breakfast...wait maybe 15 to 20 minutes then eat your breakfast...this will relieve you of that bloatness...

Also drink plenty water throughout the day...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited April 2016
    Ever sense I hit 138-139 I've been maintaining for a week and my stomach is so bloated I feel 3 months pregnant all the time and I'm self concious about it. My weight will go up to 142 and back down to 139-140......On and off. Makes me want to go back to eating 1000 calories again (I've been eating between 1500-2200 everyday for a week) what's going on???

You'll need to get away from thinking a single goal weight number is even realistic.

For a couch potato without big changes in water volume sure, more possible.

If you are exercising - forget it. Pick a range, get a waist circumference, and stay off the scale unless the inches go up.

And if you were eating 1000, and you really think maintenance is 1500-2000 - were you really losing 1 to 2 lbs weekly right up to reaching goal weight?

If not - then your maintenance isn't that high now.

And yah, you will get some bloating depending on how you increased those calories, same meal size but couple extra snacks probably not a problem unless sugar snacks.