Pop tarts, the silent killer ;)

Options
mrgado
mrgado Posts: 8 Member
It's always a good idea to get rid of all temptation foods in your home, and remember to drink your water :D

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have pop tarts in my cabinet and have not touched them in months, only one pouch out of the one box and the other box belongs to my kids who have also only touched one pouch. so no temptation for me lol
  • mrgado
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well I've been at it for awhile and I still get the occasional sweet tooth :'( but my point was that it's easier to stay true to your diet if you have most of the junk food gone, your will power must be that of a super hero, lol.
    Ps. Feel free to add me, that goes for anyone who comes across this post, always looking for new foods and workouts and motivation.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My workplace offers two flavors of pop-tarts for free. Since I've started caring what I eat and have the other rotund fellow losing weight with mfp, those pop-tarts are just getting old.

Speaking of that sweet tooth, my "Snacks" are taken after dinner. The sugar content of the prunes and the fiber gummies serves as my dessert.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts used to be banned here in Australia due to their woeful nutritional profile. Even now, they are hard to find and not available everywhere.
  • mrgado
    Options
    Personal favorite, brown sugar, I remember the days when I would knock back 4 without batting an eye, so I guess you could say that my cubbard's and or pantry are alot like Australia, BANNED lol.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts used to be banned here in Australia due to their woeful nutritional profile. Even now, they are hard to find and not available everywhere.

Banned? Like.... as if they're illegal drugs or something? Wow.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »

Yep, banned in all supermarkets. I *think they were available in those little specialty stores that do only American foods, but they are very few and far between.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Yep, banned in all supermarkets. I *think they were available in those little specialty stores that do only American foods, but they are very few and far between.

Banned? Are you sure? I thought they just discontinued them for awhile due to lack of sales/popularity.
    They were still sold at specialty shops like USA foods and are now regularly sold at major supermarkets.
    My local Woolworths has 2 or 3 varieties for at least the last year or so.
  • mrgado
    Options
    Right on que, LOL
  • Christine_72
    edited April 2016
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »

Banned? Are you sure? I thought they just discontinued them for awhile due to lack of sales/popularity.
    They were still sold at specialty shops like USA foods and are now regularly sold at major supermarkets.
    My local Woolworths has 2 or 3 varieties for at least the last year or so.

You are indeed correct. I just googled it. I was always told they were banned, must have been one of those urban legends that made the rounds..

Apologies peeps. Carry on :open_mouth:
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Pop Tart ~ sugar 16 grams/4 teaspoons each and low fibre just what your family needs.
    More a desert than a breakfast food. Never had one and not ever tempted.
    Kelloggs has some of the sweetest breakfast food on the planet!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I currently eat a couple of pop tarts 2 or three times a week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    this thread just makes me want pop tarts!
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I ate poptarts almost every morning for a year. Part of the reason I have about 34 more pounds to go :neutral:
  • mrgado
    Options
    All you guys are awesome, feel free to add me
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I haven't lived anywhere I could purchase a poptart for many many years. I don't know how I feel about it.

I eat chocolate every day. We have white bread in the cupboard, and nuts and stuff.

poptarts, I just don't know.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    While I have nothing against any kind of food as long as it's tasty and fits my calories, I usually find Pop Tarts not to be tasty enough for the chunk they take out of my daily calorie allotment.