Over 30 lbs lost...gained...lost...(you get it)

utaviator
utaviator Posts: 55 Member
edited 1:34AM in Introduce Yourself
Okay, I'll need all of your support to make this the last time I lose the weight. I joined this community on the recommendation of my daughter and her husband, who are finally seeing real changes in their fitness levels. This is my 5th day of recording my food and exercise diary, and am so surprised that I have been eating fewer calories than I should have. No way. 50 years of chubby, and I could have been eating more? I even bought a food scale to make sure what I thought was a serving was actually a serving.

Also, how much water is too much water, can you help me?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    A lot of things come in to play. Being out in the heat, working out hard... etc...

I would say no more then 8-9 glasses unless you are really thirsty. In order to drink "too much" water, it would need to be a lot consumed in a short time period.. through out the day though, I say drink away :P
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome! This is a great site and you can make your weight loss goals.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I drink 80-100oz of water a day. If it is hot outside or I really workout and sweat, I will drink even more. I didn't use to drink a lot of water and was having issues with my skin, felt tired all the time, etc. Started drinking more water and my skin cleared up, I feel better, my hair isn't as brittle, I have more energy. I realized how important water is.

Good Luck. You CAN do this!
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    drink at least what they say more wont hurt if your working out too, try drinking very cold water too you body will burn calories heating it up
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks! I have read your post and blog, and am grateful that you are here to support us. Blessings.
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    You came to the right place, lots of support, wonderful people! Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.