Stuck for weeks at this weight

Options
I really am starting to consider fasting or a hunger strike or just going nuts on food. Stuck for WEEKS at this weight with no ups or downs and it is getting OLD fast.

I could stand to revamp my food choices, but I usually always have calories left over and give it my all on workouts, but I am feeling like pajamas and chocolate might win me over sooner rather than later if things don't change.

Going for a walk to clear my head, but this makes me feel so defeated.

Replies

• gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. i've been the same weight for 3 weeks now. i know that's not long but i dont want it to become a trend, especially since i am exercising every day, one way or another. i always earn calories from exercise and while i do eat some of them back i'm always told, when completing my diary, that in 5 weeks i'll weigh some ridiculously fab sounding weight. not so far! stick with it. drink more fluids, it could be water retention. are you nearing your time of the month? i held onto 6-8bls last month and i was horrified. dont give in to the chocolate.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    tv3mTVK.jpg
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Going on strike generally means you're denying someone something that you provide that they need. But in this case it would only be you you're going on strike against. 99.9% of the time when someone isn't losing weight, it's because they're eating more than they think. Perhaps when logging you're using generic entries such as '1 potato' or '1 banana' or you're overestimating calories burnt. Whatever the reason, it's usually something you can easily fix.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't know but at day 75 logging weighing food and even fixing wrong entries for nutrition info in the search list I then add to my menu of foods...I think I am being pretty diligent.

I have an accurate heart rate monitor, drink tons, limit caffeine and never hide my cheats planned in to my day.

Period was last week...sorry TMI but someone asked. I am just stuck for weeks and feeling really crappy about slogging on with no changes.

YES, I also weigh and measure by body tape and how clothes feel, but maybe PCOS has just stopped me in my tracks...just frustrated.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    I am thinking of trying weight watchers because you shouldn't have to weigh every morsel or never go out to eat because you can't accurately estimate the weight, calories, ingredients or fat, carbs, sugars, proteins etc.

You shouldn't have to become the girl in a bubble making this a science experiment to get results and become a anal retentive bonkers nutcase over this.

She it starts getting ti that level with no results, it's almost natural to throw in the towel and just live without all of these restrictions with no payback or payoff or rewards....ugh
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »
    I don't know but at day 75 logging weighing food and even fixing wrong entries for nutrition info in the search list I then add to my menu of foods...I think I am being pretty diligent.

I have an accurate heart rate monitor, drink tons, limit caffeine and never hide my cheats planned in to my day.

Period was last week...sorry TMI but someone asked. I am just stuck for weeks and feeling really crappy about slogging on with no changes.

YES, I also weigh and measure by body tape and how clothes feel, but maybe PCOS has just stopped me in my tracks...just frustrated.

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    She it starts getting ti that level with no results, it's almost natural to throw in the towel and just live without all of these restrictions with no payback or payoff or rewards....ugh

So if you throw in the towel now, how many weeks/months/years until you try again? How many more lbs might be gained by then?

I also have been at the same weight for 2 weeks now, working out an hour a day 6 days a week... Sucks when nothing is coming off but giving up isn't going to do any good either.

Have your cheat if you need it, start over tomorrow.
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have no answers for you - you seem to be doing all the right things - but want to encourage you to hang in there!! And, if you do have chocolate, so what?? Log it and move forward.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    just thinking out loud...is it possible you are not eating enough?
  • medelaney13
    medelaney13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When you are losing weight, you hit plateau's - its your body's way of adjusting to the changes - somewhat like a reboot to the new stats. Don't do the too much less calorie thing - your body will go into survival mode and decrease your metabolism. Not sure of your exercise routine, but if you are doing the same thing in the same order every time, your body adjusts so you need to tweak it. It may be as simple as changing the order of your exercises or changing intensity. Hope this helps. Keep at it - it will work!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,133 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "Weeks" is a rather imprecise term. How long have you been stuck at the same weight.

What are your stats (height, weight, age, sex) and how many calories are you eating? What is your weekly weight loss goal? Do you eat back your exercise calories?

You mentioned you use a HRM, have you adjusted your stats on your HRM as you have lost weight? Also realize HRMs are only useful for calorie estimation for steady state cardio, not for strength training, intervals, or pretty much any other sort of exercise that is not steady state.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    PCOS? Does anybody here have experience with whether or not that makes losing weight especially hard? I thought it was one of those disorders that makes losing unusually difficult.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    Yes, PCOS makes it like 3 times harder for me vs anyone else to lose weight. To the other posters I have we been stuck going on 4 weeks now, I do change up my exercises . And time of day I work out. I never go higher in weight than a set point of 225 and I am back here after 6 years. In fact I am back here lighter than when I got married. I only had kids through extreme low carb dieting and exercising 2x a day 6 days a week...even then. I only EVER got to 180 at my lightest even taking it to extremes. I really can't do that again. Maybe I am just meant to be a chubbster.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    "Weeks" is a rather imprecise term. How long have you been stuck at the same weight.

What are your stats (height, weight, age, sex) and how many calories are you eating? What is your weekly weight loss goal? Do you eat back your exercise calories?

You mentioned you use a HRM, have you adjusted your stats on your HRM as you have lost weight? Also realize HRMs are only useful for calorie estimation for steady state cardio, not for strength training, intervals, or pretty much any other sort of exercise that is not steady state.

Height 5'6" 216 now and yes, I adjust my HRM I usually have exercise calories left at the end of the day. Stuck for 4 weeks s ok now that you know everything but my bra size none of that makes a Damn bit of difference because you won't be able to fix it. Doctors can't even fix it. It's not thyroid it's not drink more, eat less, move more.
    The only good thing professionals are confident and happy about is I don't yo yo and bulge up once off a plan. I stay in a10 lb zone. My sugar , blood pressure and cholesterol are all low and I am 41...what other info do you need?
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    chelsy0587 wrote: »

So if you throw in the towel now, how many weeks/months/years until you try again? How many more lbs might be gained by then?

I also have been at the same weight for 2 weeks now, working out an hour a day 6 days a week... Sucks when nothing is coming off but giving up isn't going to do any good either.

I stay the same weight...last time I was here was over 6 years ago got to an 180 goal but had to be anal and exercise 2x a day for 6 days a week and got very burt out
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It very well COULD be your PCOS. You might want to speak with your doctor.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

I am on metformin for 16 years now. No real changes and they don't want to try weight loss drugs because it makes me feel buttery and after a week stop working. They don't seem to see my weight as an issue, I do. Ob/gyn, regular md, even endocrinologist are all fine with where I am. No real startling changes for any thing so they say, "this is who you are" Sadly, I want to be slimmer and hotter but I am just getting worn out and passed off with the lack of progress.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

I am on metformin for 16 years now. No real changes and they don't want to try weight loss drugs because it makes me feel buttery and after a week stop working. They don't seem to see my weight as an issue, I do. Ob/gyn, regular md, even endocrinologist are all fine with where I am. No real startling changes for any thing so they say, "this is who you are" Sadly, I want to be slimmer and hotter but I am just getting worn out and passed off with the lack of progress.

Jittery not buttery.Omg this stupid autocorrecting kindle
  • mom23nuts
    Options

I stay the same weight...last time I was here was over 6 years ago got to an 180 goal but had to be anal and exercise 2x a day for 6 days a week and got very burt out

And EVEN 180 was considered overweight but it was a *kitten* to get to and maintain...so I slowly got back to my set point of 220-225

In 8th grade I was 215... that has been me for years!
  • mom23nuts
    Options

And EVEN 180 was considered overweight but it was a *kitten* to get to and maintain...so I slowly got back to my set point of 220-225

In 8th grade I was 215... that has been me for years!