Fitbit Calorie Adjustment Question

Options
Hello All! I have a Fitbit that is synced with MFP. I noticed this morning that my Calorie Adjustment was removing calories from my daily total. Has anyone seen this befor and is there a reason for it?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You have negative calories enabled. Since it's early, you haven't moved much, and MFP believes that you won't hit your maintenance calories and would need an adjustment to your intake so you don't overeat. As you move more (generally a few thousand steps, depending on your activity level), you'll see the adjustment go positive.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes, negative adjustments happen so that you don't eat more than you move depending on your activity level. Mine's set at Active because of my job and I usually see several hundred positive calories added. But on my days off, I don't normally hit my step goal so Fitbit recognizes that I'm not as active and removes calories so I'm still hitting my deficit amount.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This is called negative adjustment. Right now, it's a timing thing. The number you care about is the one at the end of the day.

Better explanation here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • Msrolo
    Msrolo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the explanation. It makes sence now.