Skinny fat??

Options
Okay so I wouldn't exactly say that I'm skinny fat. Skinny fat from my understanding is a skinny person with extra fat around the belly area. As you can see from my profil pic, my arm are not that skinny in fact people say that I have a built body like I lift weight, in which I do 5 times a week. I am a little lost on what I should do. Like I said I lift weights 5 times a week and count my calories. I used to be a server binge eater who used to eat 3000-5000 calories daily. Over the past months of treatment and appetite suppressants I lost a good amount of weight. Now I've been stuck at this body type. I look super fit with my shirt on or in a tank top but as soon as I take it off I have a gut, love handles, and a spare tire. Any advice on how to trim my stomach? Or look more ripped in my abdomen. Any diet suggestions? Or workout routines? Prom is in the next month and I want to look super ripped for my date also have that nice six pack for the summer if that's possible. I know that losing weight and having an amazing body takes a long time but I just want to get as shredded as possible within the next month.

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Get a time machine. Go back about six months and start then.

You're not going to get "super ripped" in a month.
  • sharmrp
    sharmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It would be so easy if you could target fat in one area of the body, but it's an all over body thing unfortunately!! I think you need to look at your diet, maybe review your macros and see if those could be adapted. Plenty of support via youtube, many fitness mags have core workouts etc - if you are a gym member, speak to a trainer there, get a programme and advice on what is best nutrition wise. Sometimes it's about eating more to get lean later - it won't get you super ripped by prom time, but it might make a bit of a dent.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It seems to me you want 2 thing:

1) lose fat FAST - needs a bigger calorie deficit
    2) build muscles and be ripped - requires eating at least maintenance or even better a small surplus of calories - it also takes time - girl in optimal condition (hard training and eating at surplus) can maybe gain about 0.5 lbs of muscle in a month.

As you can see those 2 thing don't go together. There is a possibility of recomp, in which you slowly get muscles and lose fat to get lower body fat %... but that takes much longer time. Set realistic goal and start from that. Once you are a little bit older you will realize there are more important things in life than impressing someone at the prom...
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Get clothes that fit nicely. Aim to have your dream body for next year.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    shonako wrote: »
    I know that losing weight and having an amazing body takes a long time but I just want to get as shredded as possible within the next month.

There you go.
    Do you know it?
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Okay so I wouldn't exactly say that I'm skinny fat. Skinny fat from my understanding is a skinny person with extra fat around the belly area. As you can see from my profil pic, my arm are not that skinny in fact people say that I have a built body like I lift weight, in which I do 5 times a week. I am a little lost on what I should do. Like I said I lift weights 5 times a week and count my calories. I used to be a server binge eater who used to eat 3000-5000 calories daily. Over the past months of treatment and appetite suppressants I lost a good amount of weight. Now I've been stuck at this body type. I look super fit with my shirt on or in a tank top but as soon as I take it off I have a gut, love handles, and a spare tire. Any advice on how to trim my stomach? Or look more ripped in my abdomen. Any diet suggestions? Or workout routines? Prom is in the next month and I want to look super ripped for my date also have that nice six pack for the summer if that's possible. I know that losing weight and having an amazing body takes a long time but I just want to get as shredded as possible within the next month.

Gotta lose fat (weight) until the love handles go. They are usually the last to go (visceral fat). Keep up a calorie deficit and if you manage it right, you should be able to drop a good 4-6 pounds before your HS Prom. Hop on the bike and ride for 1-3 hours per day in addition to your weight lifting. That will help bump up your deficit. B)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »

It's gonna be really hard and super unhealthy but basically do intense cardio for the next month I mean everyday and eat like 900 calories everyday. Good luck you'll probably last a week at that rate but who knows you might have an extraordinary willpower

I'm guessing that you mean this as a joke but it's really in poor taste. The OP stated that she was a binge eater and is coming out of months of treatment. She's also very young. Not a great foundation for a joke.
  • jemhh
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

It's gonna be really hard and super unhealthy but basically do intense cardio for the next month I mean everyday and eat like 900 calories everyday. Good luck you'll probably last a week at that rate but who knows you might have an extraordinary willpower

I'm guessing that you mean this as a joke but it's really in poor taste. The OP stated that she was a binge eater and is coming out of months of treatment. She's also very young. Not a great foundation for a joke.

It's sarcasm He the OP already knows it takes a long time to build a lean physique so I suggested something else besides patience.and the treatment and suppressants I took it as a self treatment not medical related I may have misunderstood that part. And is 5k of cal is really binge eating? I used to do it when I was younger I didn't feel like I was binging

Yes. 5000 calories is binge eating for an 18 year old woman.
  • tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

It's sarcasm He the OP already knows it takes a long time to build a lean physique so I suggested something else besides patience.and the treatment and suppressants I took it as a self treatment not medical related I may have misunderstood that part. And is 5k of cal is really binge eating? I used to do it when I was younger I didn't feel like I was binging

Not disagreeing with that statement but.....the OP is a guy.
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry my man, but you won't be getting "shredded" in a month. You need to go back to square one and plan out your diet first and foremost. If your nutrition is garbage then you'll look like garbage. Secondly, you need to train properly. I know you're saying you're lifting and all this, but if everything were in order, you would have made loads of progress by now. It takes years of hard work and discipline to build a world class physique. One month isn't going to cut it.
  • jemhh
    Options
    tomw86 wrote: »

Her profile says she's an 18 yo woman.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tomw86 wrote: »

Profile says woman.

• tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oops my bad :s:s I'm lacking my afternoon coffee, apologies!