High protein breakfasts that are not eggs or Greek yogurt or protein smoothies

Options
augustremulous
augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
I like eggs I just can't have them so often. I eat a lot of yogurt, but I eat the regular kind - Greek is too thick for me. Regular yogurt really doesn't have as much protein as I want.

Any ideas? I just need some variety.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Low carb/high protein tortilla with deli meat and cheese.
    Oatmeal with protein powder and nuts/pb2/nut butter

Then you don't have to eat breakfast food so possibilities are endless.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    thanks. dinner for breakfast sounds like something I should do more often.
  • denisejeandiment
    denisejeandiment Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found i had to change my idea about breakfast food. I still eat a fair amount of omelettes but am now trying to make an extra serving of dinner to reheat, especially if it is a stir fry chicken or meat meal. Metwurst, cheese and a few salad veg eg tomato cucumber etc makes a tasty quick brekky. I'd be happy to hear other suggestions as i find breakfast the most challenging meal especially if you're in a hurry.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit is a good option.

I also eat dinner leftovers for breakfast sometimes.
  • Heathmx_2014
    Heathmx_2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a 3/4 cup of oat bran mixed with cream of wheat with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a scoop of whey protein, filling and yummy and you can add fruit if you like or a spoon of peanut butter instead of cinnamon.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon, Canadian bacon, cottage cheese, protein fortified breads...
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Toasted Eggo whole wheat waffle or english muffin topped with a slice of cheese and a slice of ham or a JD turkey sausage patty
    Beans a rice; scrambled egg whites with cheese and salsa
    Mix equal amount amounts of Fage with Danon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt. Add fruit and/or brand cereal.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like to have a bowl of cereal and milk with fresh strawberries or blackberries mixed in. I use high protein milk and add a scoop of protein powder to up the protein content.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can always thin down Greek yogurt with some kind of low calorie milk. My husband does this and eats it with cereal and sliced fruit. Or you can mix in some cottage cheese instead; it has a similar amount of protein as Greek yogurt.

You may be able to find protein fortified pudding mixes, and I think that might be tasty with fruits or other grains.

Fat-free cream cheese or mozzarella could probably be creatively combined with toast and breakfast meats like bacon, sausage, or ham if you want something savory.

And in El Paso (lived there 4 years), it's not unheard-of to have beans with breakfast.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had chicken thighs with brussel sprouts and broccoli this morning. One day I had pork chop and boiled cabbage. Breakfast can truly be anything you want to eat.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Had a turkey sandwich for breakfast this morning ..
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There are some new high protein cereals available. I have not tried them, but my son thinks they are great.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    bump - for that fava been thing from Egypt. YUM! I sometimes do turkey lunch meat with cottage cheese... add salt and pepper or hot sauce.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I use to buy those Morningstar Farms Breakfast Sausage Patties in the frozen food aisle. I have also made my own breakfast sausage. Dr. Oz's Total 10 Sausage recipe was good. I did use less sage the second time I made it. doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-turkey-breakfast-sausage

Also I have not tried this but the Domestic Geek made a tofu scramble in her meal prep video recently. I would think that would open up a lot of options. https://youtube.com/watch?v=ualc3bzMsC8
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Steak, pork chops, chicken, fish. For starters. I think you see where I'm going with this.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    steak
    fish
    chicken breast
    cheese
    legumes
    seitan
    tofu
    --

same sources of protein you'd have for any other meal.
  • Tionnaspassion
    Tionnaspassion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found i had to change my idea about breakfast food. I still eat a fair amount of omelettes but am now trying to make an extra serving of dinner to reheat, especially if it is a stir fry chicken or meat meal. Metwurst, cheese and a few salad veg eg tomato cucumber etc makes a tasty quick brekky. I'd be happy to hear other suggestions as i find breakfast the most challenging meal especially if you're in a hurry.

• Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I saw this really yummy looking hashbrown half potato half zucchini looks delicius imma try it tommorrow with a whole grain quesadilla yumm
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Or a breakfast sandwich whith just ham and potatoed if you dont want egg.

Or yummy blueberry pancakes.

Or, i kno this isnt breakfast but tuna in the morning for if you dont want to cook its just one hole tomato choped, 1/4th of an onion choped, one jalapeño diced, and one can of tuna mix in a bowl and squeez a lime or 2 on ig i like mine really sour i eat it with tostadas and rits or those little saltine crakers sometimes i like to put some corn in it

Omg i made me hungry lol