anyone take diet pills good or waste of money?

Options
anyone take diet pills good or waste of money?

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've used them before, but I did not have any positive results. I had some crazy side effects, so I try to stay away from them.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I took them but ended up only sleeping two hours a night. I did lose some weight but the side affects out weighted the benefits.
  • chad_clair
    Options
    waste of money
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    WASTE OF MONEY

I had afriend who became incredibly addicted to diet pills. You have to keep on popping or the weightloss goes a stoppin... and then you gain back a bunch of weight when you dont take them anymore!!!

Your safest bet is good old fashioned hard work!!! Its slower but more reliable and safe. You learn to live a healthy lifestyle and really have to make changes how you live. Its a whole life change where diets and pills are temp.
  • paulagabay
    paulagabay Posts: 96
    Options
    the side effects of having rapid heart palpitations were quite scary and I actually gained weight.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Waste of money - I took them when I was in my early 20s. They kinda helped me lose some - but whatever I lost I gained back and tons more! Waste!

By the way it was Metabolife before ephedra was banned that I took.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    WASTE! Spend your money and good vitamins and you'll be better off and be doing your body a favor!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    WASTE OF MONEY!! You can do this without diet pills!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Waste of money - use that money to buy more healthy foods, and things like weights for strength training. I've tried them, weight watchers and a few other programs. Nothing works as well as MFP, tracking calories and good old portion control and exercise. I've been going for almost 7 months, by far the longest I've committed to anything.
  • Serene4
    Serene4 Posts: 7
    Options
    WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    I took my first diet pill a little while ago and I plan on using it again. It was called D4 Thermal Shock. You take 1 pill, twice a day. You can take 2 pills, twice a day, but no more than 4 in 24 hours. I lost 11 lbs in the month that I used it. I was eating an average of about 1650 calories and I ran elliptical for 20-30 minutes, 5 days a week.

Side effects weren't bad. I didn't feel well the first week and I had some very minor jitters and a slight loss of appetite from time to time. I felt completely normal after about a week and a half. Try it for 2 weeks, if you don't like it just stop. Just make sure you drink alot of water and research the item thoroughly.
  • krazykristi
    Options
    diet pills are mostly caffine a large amount of it.
    they speed up your heart rate its like taking speed.
    they charge you way to much for something that doesnt do much
    take the healthy way with diet and exercise
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    And honestly don't listen to these people that are saying you will gain the weight back when you stop taking it. I have lost 15 lbs since I stoped taking mine almost 2 months ago. Yes, you can certainly do this without pills, but you can also try them. Just don't be stupid about them. As I said already, research the product thoroughly and read the instructions and the supplement values on the can. Do what the can says. Don't up the serving because you think you need more; you don't. And if you have medical problems don't use anything. My brother is 22 and he's tried several different products over the past few years, including hydroxicut before they recalled it, and he's in perfect health.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I occassionally will use a thermogenic 20 minutes prior to working out ... with my schedule sometimes I need the boost. I use OxyElite and have never had any side effects.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I personally think they are a waste of money. Yes, you will lose weight while taking them - but as soon as you stop taking them.. the weight (and usually even more!) comes right back. I'm all about losing it the good old fashioned way - eating less, working out.

:)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    And honestly don't listen to these people that are saying you will gain the weight back when you stop taking it. I have lost 15 lbs since I stoped taking mine almost 2 months ago. Yes, you can certainly do this without pills, but you can also try them. Just don't be stupid about them. As I said already, research the product thoroughly and read the instructions and the supplement values on the can. Do what the can says. Don't up the serving because you think you need more; you don't. And if you have medical problems don't use anything. My brother is 22 and he's tried several different products over the past few years, including hydroxicut before they recalled it, and he's in perfect health.

I've tried A LOT of different diet pills and you know what? EVERY single time I stopped taking them? I gained ALL the weight back (and usually a few extra pounds too). Even when I kept eating the same way I was eating while on the pills? Back the weight came.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I took phenedrine (sp?) in my 20s (it is half of the infamous phen-fen combo), and I'm fairly sure it is still available by prescription. It killed my appetite, and I lost about 40lbs. I didn't do anything to change my eating habits... well, no, that's not true. I changed them, since I had no appetite. I was a senior in college, and I would eat a snickers and drink a 20oz Pepsi every day. And that was it. I'm so lucky I didn't get really really sick. Once I stopped taking the pills my appetite came back, my eating habits spiraled out of control, and I gained back double.

So, it was a waste of money for me. The only side effects I had were insomnia. Oh, and an 80lb weight gain. That one sorta sucked. But hey, some people say they can handle it. That was my experience. I currently spend $40 a month on a gym membership, when I prefer to get my exercise from walking, so I'm not always the most logical. 80lbs. Logical or not, that just seems like it wasn't, nor will it ever be, worth going back on diet pills.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Big waste!
  • mrman44445
    mrman44445 Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks for the info everyone this is a good community for this type of thing i didnt think i would get any replys haha... sothe best thing to do is take vitamins to speed up metabolism ? i amd working out 5 -6 days a week and on a diet but i wanted to speed up the weight loss lol so it might help a bit but theres lots of side effects?